The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Services/Donations

blockablocka Member
in Help edited March 2009
Would I be able to use FoxyCart to sell services? For example, I would like to require paid registration for some areas of my website...both on a subscription basis and an al a carte basis.
Same thing for donations.

The common denominator here is that these are both intangible items...
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sure. We use FoxyCart to sell FoxyCart's subscription service. You can setup different categories for shippable products, services, downloadables... whatever you like. As for having a paid subscription area for your site, you'll have to build that part of it yourself using a content management system like FoxEE or MODx and then grant access after a customer pays for a subscription (and you process the XML Datafeed after the purchase).

Take a look at our latest version (0.5.0) which has a greatly improved subscription system, a user api and some other cool features we'll be documenting soon.