The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

FoxyCart Not Playing Nice with sifr + Shipping Not Displaying

DVQDVQ Member
in Help edited March 2009
1. Can anyone tell me if there are known issues with foxycart + sifr?
I have sifr in my wordpress theme and when I add foxycart it breaks sifr on some of the pages.

2. When I click checkout, the shipping cost appears as 0 no matter what I change it to in the admin.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    1. You mean on pages on your own site? Or on the cart, checkout, and receipt? If it's just breaking on some pages that foxycart_includes.js is on and not others my hunch would be that it's not FoxyCart but something else. Any js errors showing in Firebug?

2. The shipping cost is (in some cases) updated once you enter shipping information. Make sure you have your categories set correctly as well; if you have a category with no shipping or a flat rate of $0 or something it won't do any other shipping calculations (unless you have other products that are shippable with different settings).

If that doesn't help please whisper us a URL for us to take a look at your checkout.
  • DVQDVQ Member
    The are no js errors in Firebug.
    The sifr on pages on my site break when I add foxycart_includes.js to the header.

http://randallskiles.com/products/books/the-law-of-attraction/

If you look at the link above you will see the page title "The Law of Attraction" that is supposed to be sifr replaced and on the left it is supposed to say "Products" above the links, but for some reason it does not appear. They both work fine until I add foxycart_includes.js.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Looks like a JQuery conflict. I see this error:

o.flash is not a function
    http://randallskiles.com/products/wp-content/themes/products/scripts/jquery.sifr.min.js
    Line 1

We use JQuery in a "no conflict" mode, unfortunately it conflicts with itself. We've seen a lot of posts about this lately as JQuery has become more popular and we're still working on a solution. Can you try not including JQuery on your page?
  • DVQDVQ Member
    I need to include jQuery as it is used for several key components on the site.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    The foxycart_includes.js file also includes JQuery so if you don't include your JQuery, the components on your site will use our JQuery. The only difference is, we've renamed $ to $j. If you include our file, you probably won't need your JQuery unless your components require the latest version of JQuery.
  • DVQDVQ Member
    I removed my copy jquery. But now my other scripts that require jquery don't work.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Sorry, we weren't being entirely clear. Two things to note:

1. The jQuery that's included in foxycart_includes.js is (as of v050 and previous) jQuery 1.2.6 (or older). If you have scripts that rely on jQuery 1.3.x... let us know.

2. If you simply remove your own link to jQuery you'll likely need to do just a little extra step. As Luke mentioned, foxycart_includes.js sets jQuery to no-conflict mode as $j instead of the standard $. So if you're calling anything as $() it won't work. However there's a quick fix, which is to add the following right beneath the foxycart_includes.js call:
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
    		var $ = jQuery.noConflict();
    	</script>

That will map $ back to jQuery, and keep the $j to jQuery as well.

Also important to note is that the foxycart_includes.js needs to come before any other scripts that rely on jQuery.

Let's see if that gets you functional? Let us know.
  • DVQDVQ Member
    It works! Thanks for the help guys.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    woo hoo!!!! :)