The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

receipt page effecting template look

tankmantankman Member
in Help edited March 2009
I am using the same template for both the checkout and the receipt page. The checkout page formats properly, but when the receipt page loads the format gets screwed up.

I've tried a few things, but can't seem to fix it.

Please help!
Thanks
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey tankman, can you send us an example link? It's kind of hard for us to provide assistance if all we know is something somewhere is "screwed up". If you like, you can whisper the link to either Brett or myself. Thanks.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    This looks like a "haslayout" issue with your <div id="defaultbox">. You probably need a <div style="clear:both;"> </div> before you close that div. Give that a shot. Your best bet would be to save off the receipt page (or upgrade to 050 and use revisitable receipts) and use FireBug to do inline style editing. I think we have a screencast around here somewhere that might be helpful.

Hope that helps.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/screencasts
    3rd one shows our own preferred method for finding and playing with CSS using the Web Dev Toolbar and Firebug.
  • tankmantankman Member
    edited March 2009
    Hi Guys,

thanks. clear:both fixed the layout issue. I downloaded firebug as suggested.

Regarding the javascript error:

I've removed my thickbox javascript calls because I am not using javascript on these pages.

I'm still getting these javascript errors though:
    Error: $j("#" + fieldName + "_name").get(0) is undefined
    Source File: https://site.foxycart.com/v/0.4.0/checkout.php?ThisAction=customer_info&PHPSESSID=kft5p6shett8mov73noepvuk42
    Line: 198

Am I leaving out a .js file call on the foxycart side?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    What browser were you using? I just went through the checkout flow with FireFox and everything was fine. You may have had a cached page or old cookie in place. If you can reproduce it, please give us the browser details and steps to reproduce it.
  • Hi Luke,

I cleared my cookies, offline data and cache, closed my browser and openned it again. I am using FF v3.0.7

I log-in. visit the settings page, choose a quantity, click purchase and then I am taken to the checkout page. I have the error console open and I got this error still:
    Error: $j("#" + fieldName + "_name").get(0) is undefined
    Source File: https://gyos.foxycart.com/v/0.4.0/checkout.php?ThisAction=customer_info&PHPSESSID=g75u5a6cep6ttfc2ce7ia05a80
    Line: 198

I'm using web developer plugin: v1.1.6
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hmm... interesting. WebDev Toolbar shows an error but FireBug does not. Very strange. We'll keep looking into it. It doesn't appear to be critical error. It has something to do the customer_state field and single use customers. Are you passing in a blank value for the state when you load up the checkout?
  • no. I'm not passing any value for customer_state. I am passing this though:

<input type="hidden" name="customer_phone" value="." />