Auth Only for Authorize.net

lukeluke FoxyCart Team
in Important News edited March 2009
We just pushed out a copy of our Authorize.net gateway which is configured for authorizations only and not captures. If this is something your business needs, please give it a shot. The money will not be deposited in your account until you login to your authorize gateway account and capture the funds.
Comments
  • Very cool Luke. Any chance of getting a capture API integration for existing authorizations?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I've wanted to move into this territory for a while, but at this point it's just not a high enough priority. But trust me, we have a lot of other cool stuff for you in the meantime ;)

But please do request it: http://requests.foxycart.com/
  • We are THRILLED to have this feature in place!!! THANK YOU!!!

Julie
  • Auth-only ...

I pushed through the Auth-only version of Authorize.net and we are now getting an error in our Authorize.net system when we click to see the details of a transaction. A call to Authorize.net says that there is an unrecognizable language in the Customer Number causing this error. Can you advise ASAP please????
    Thanks!
    Julie
    (posted on the 0.5.0 sticky-thread also)
    Do you know that this is specific to the auth-only implementation? It shouldn't be, as the only difference between the two _should_ be the authorization method.

Is it every transaction run through or just a single transaction? Can you whisper us the ID of the transaction in question?

Kind of odd that Auth.net would accept the transaction in the first place and then error on an invalid character afterwards... Seems like it could be an issue on their end, though I'm sure there's something we could do to make everybody's lives easier.
  • It seems to be only transactions for first-time customers. When I did a test transaction on my account, we were able to open up the transaction details. But, my customer number was stored from the previous version. When a new customer placed an order, we were not able to view the transaction details. It seems that when Foxycart creates a new customer number is when the problem is occurring. The transaction is able to be processed in Auth.net. We just can't click to expand the transaction to see the details.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We made some changes that should have fixed this, unfortunately once the data is sent to Authorize, we don't have a way to modify it. Can you confirm this is fixed for new customers? To view the old transactions, you'll probably have to ask Authorize to modify their data directly.
  • jarmstrongjarmstrong Member
    edited March 2009
    Hi Luke,

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I am now able to see transaction details for a new customer in Auth.net.

The bad news is that even though my FC settings say Auth.net (Authorization only), it is now pushing through an automatic capture again instead of just auto only. Just to be clear - I already confirmed that no one in our accounting dept went into Auth.net to capture these transax. They auto-captured. Screen captures below.

Thanks!

Foxycart Settings - Authorize Only
    Authorize.net details - Note Automatic Capture
    Authorize.net details - Note change in Auth only to Auto-Capture
  • Hmmm ... have you guys been working on this? We certainly haven't changed anything on this end, but it looks like we are back to Auth only again, which is good news. We'll monitor it closely over the next few days and let you know if it goes haywire again. Thanks!!

Julie
    Hmmm... No, we haven't touched anything. I know that you can change these settings in Authorize.net, so perhaps somebody changed the auto-capture settings there on your end?
  • No. I'm the only one who can go in and make these changes and I've not touched a thing. That is very odd. Oh well ... don't touch anything now. It seems to be working fine. That is very, very strange though. Um ... thanks? :-)

Julie
    Um ... thanks? :-)
    Haha.
    Let us know if it gets squirrely again.
  • Hi,
    Am configuring authorize.net ad payment gateway in one of my mobile app (iOS).
    When for the First time we need to do a mobile device registration request.
    If this is the first time we are register
    ing our device, the transaction will fail, however our device will now be in "pending" status in the test portal

My question is how to update or enabled the status of
    device through code that i can do the transaction at the same time followed by the
    device registration.
    I will wait your feedback.
    Thanks in advance.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello @tapashm. Are you referring to FoxyCart or something else? If you have a question about Authorize.net's system, you may want to contact them or one of their representatives.
  • ok Luke.Thanks for your kind information.