How do I Add an International Shpping Option to My Website?

I have another website with a different cart that had a drop down added pretty quickly so people could opt to pay more for shipping when they used Paypal.
When I have asked people to help me with my Addrena website they have told me that it could be a pretty difficult job without explaining anything to me. I guess a drop down menu isn't an option here because of the current structure, but what would be the easiest way to do this?

Can someone please help me figure out what I need to get done in order to make this happen? I'd really appreciate any help, thanks.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @tlartin123,

Just to confirm with you - are you wanting to add an option to have an increased shipping cost when people pay with PayPal as their payment method, or do you want to provide separate shipping costs for international customers?
  • I am looking for a way for international customers to provide extra shipping costs. Thanks for taking the time to review this for me.
    @tlartin123,

Thanks for clarifying. In that case - you'll want to use one of our javascript snippets. Could you also confirm for me your store version and whether you're providing live rates from a carrier like USPS or FedEx or are you setting flat rates for the shipping costs?
  • It's a flat cost from USPS.
    Store version 0.6.0 I believe is the information you are looking for.
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    edited September 2015
    @tlartin123

Since you're on 0.6.0, you might want to use either of these snippets:
    For providing a single flat rate amount to the customer: https://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/tiered_flat_rate_shipping
    For providing multiple flat rate options the customer can choose from: https://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/multiple_flat_rates

Upgrading to the latest version of FoxyCart would allow you access to the latest javascript modification, and gives you more control of your cart. Something to consider as you implement this customization.
  • Thanks for your help! I will let my web developer know what to do now.
  • My web developer that I am looking to hire had one more question. I am hoping you can please help me with this.

" If I use script https://wiki.foxycart.com/snippets/shipping/tiered_flat_rate_shipping, can I change delivery price in the admin panel?"

• fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @tlartin123

What does he mean by admin panel? The custom snippet makes it so that you can change the delivery price through the code, instead of the pre-set values in the product category.
    @tlartin123,

Just to expand on Jed's post - the shipping rates are set within the javascript snippet, so you will edit the shipping rates wherever you've placed that code.

For that snippet that is within the checkout template - so you will set and edit the shipping rates there. You can't use the category flat rate amounts to change the shipping - as noted in the snippet those will all need to be set to $0.