Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Optional extra fee on checkout page

Have this request from a client:

1) Radio buttons where customers are REQUIRED to select one option. Options are as follows:

Yes, I authorize you to charge me $3.00 for a Signature Requirement fee. I do not want my package delivered without an adult present to sign for my package.
(If selected, this option will need to add $3.00 to their subtotal)

OR

No, I do not need to be present when my package is delivered. I understand that if I select this option, Mytee will not be responsible for replacing lost or stolen deliveries.

===

The part where the fee gets added to the total is where I am stuck.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410

Do you mind whispering your store name and sending in the code you have so far?
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410

In any case, you can use the Gift Wrapping snippet as a jump off point for your implementation: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/gift_wrapping_checkbox_on_checkout

Unfortunately, it uses a checkbox instead of a radio buttion, so you would have to do quite a bit of conversion to achieve your desired implementation, but that allows you to add an amount to your total, in your case the $3 Signature Requirement. You can use the snippet as an inspiration on how to go about with your implementation.
  • You can disregard, client now says they don't need to add a fee - we just needed the options added which I was able to do successfully.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410,

Thanks for the update - let us know if we can help you with this in the future.