Optional extra fee on checkout page

Have this request from a client:

1) Radio buttons where customers are REQUIRED to select one option. Options are as follows:

Yes, I authorize you to charge me $3.00 for a Signature Requirement fee. I do not want my package delivered without an adult present to sign for my package.
(If selected, this option will need to add $3.00 to their subtotal)

OR

No, I do not need to be present when my package is delivered. I understand that if I select this option, Mytee will not be responsible for replacing lost or stolen deliveries.

===

The part where the fee gets added to the total is where I am stuck.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410

Do you mind whispering your store name and sending in the code you have so far?
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410

In any case, you can use the Gift Wrapping snippet as a jump off point for your implementation: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/gift_wrapping_checkbox_on_checkout

Unfortunately, it uses a checkbox instead of a radio buttion, so you would have to do quite a bit of conversion to achieve your desired implementation, but that allows you to add an amount to your total, in your case the $3 Signature Requirement. You can use the snippet as an inspiration on how to go about with your implementation.
  • You can disregard, client now says they don't need to add a fee - we just needed the options added which I was able to do successfully.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sccr410,

Thanks for the update - let us know if we can help you with this in the future.