The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Google Analytics code not tracking on the receipt page

flinx777flinx777 Member
in Help edited October 2015
We have a client using GA in their Foxycart 2.0 account. We followed the documentation and there are no successful transactions going through to the receipt page (GA is not tracking the transactions to the receipt page). We've set this up on other Foxycart 2.0 stores without incident, but this time GA is not tracking through to the receipt page.

We have checked multiple times on how our code is setup but nothing is standing out. The client is using Google's PPC setup and not sure if that has any bearing on whether or not the receipt page will need to configured differently or not.

Any insight into what could be causing this? We do have some custom code on the checkout page to handle custom shipping parameters, but nothing really beyond that.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @flinx777,

Could you whisper us the store domain? We'll take a look.
    @flinx777,

Thanks for whispering your store. I've taken a quick look at your set up, and I think I can see the issue. You've created custom templates for your store, but the templates are missing the Twig logic to output the footer code. You'll need to add this for both your checkout and receipt templates - and you can see the code to include here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/templates/intermediate-automagicache#include_custom_code_placeholders
  • flinx777flinx777 Member
    edited October 2015
    @fc_adam ... thanks for catching that. Will check that out momentarily and implement and report back.
  • @fc_adam

So we implemented the code from your recommendation above.

However these newly added scripts caused a validation bug on shipping and custom fields. The validation message for all the custom fields (shipping and a question we have before finishing the signup process) still are showing up even though there are values set. Any ideas why this would happen?
    @flinx777,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I just tried to replicate this with your store, and I wasn't able to see any weird validation messages at all - everything validated as it should.

I also attempted to submit an order for the store - entering a fake credit card number which should error at the gateway, but for some reason the gateway approved the transaction to proceed, even with an invalid number there. You can ignore that transaction from our email - I'm sorry that that happened.
  • @fc_adam we pulled that code off the live site. We're going to set it up in a dev environment momentarily and I'll whisper you the new information so you can take a look at it there.
    @flinx777,

Thanks for whispering that information. Could you try updating the customFlatRates snippet you're using to version 2.0.8? We added that to the wiki last night after another user was experiencing a similar issue: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/flat_rate_shipping_modification