Current SquareSpace & FoxyCart 2

Hi,
We're currently running SquareSpace as our commerce option but feel we'd have a more robust experience with FoxyCart checkout.
I am reading through the integration page but it seems to apply to an older version of SQSP and FC.

It seems there are two modes in SquareSpace, a simple version and a developer version.
In the simple mode, you create pages and such, and there is a place for code injection which is global to the site.

Editing products only offers editing of product data (pricing and variants). The text editor does not have an HTML mode as in your screen shots.

Anyone here know how to integrate FC w/SQSP with the current versions?
Thanks
Rich
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @richtestani,

Good question. It does look like Squarespace have rolled out a new version since we last wrote up the documentation.

I've just had a quick play with their current admin - and it does look like you need to enable developer mode. This then allows you to alter the modules that make up the specific page itself. You can then add in a "code" module like this:

1) After enabling developer mode for your Squarespace site, navigate to the page you want to add a FoxyCart product to.
    2) Enter the page settings by clicking the cog icon when hovering over the page in the sitetree menu, or by clicking "Settings" when hovering over the page content area.
    3) In the settings sidebar, go to the "Content" tab
    4) When hovering over the "Content" tab work area, you should see the modules already in the page, and also be able to add others by hovering in the left margin of the work area and clicking on the circle pointers at the position you want to add it.
    5) Under "More" select "Code", paste in the add to cart form code and hit save.

At this point - you'll have the add to cart form added into your page. For a link it's a little easier - you can just add in a link to the content area like any other link.

For what it's worth - at least one user has made use of Squarespace's default products set up but connected them into FoxyCart. I'm not sure exactly how they did that - but apparently it is possible to do as well.
    @richtestani,

Actually - sorry about that, you don't actually need to be in developer mode. The "code" option is available out of the box with Squarespace too - and the steps are a little simpler.

When viewing a page in the admin, click on the area you want to add in the form by selecting the circle pointer, then in the options that appear, select "Code".

Sorry for the incorrect advice previously.
  • richtestanirichtestani Member
    edited October 2015
    Hey Adam,
    Here is an image of the interface I am working in.

As you can see here, its a minified editor with no code options (least that I can tell).
    The description you mention above will work with some pages, but product pages seem to work a little different as they don't have that setting option. Instead an Edit link appears and an overlay with the editor shows up. There is no code field to work in.

The real issue here anyway is making sure you can tailor it to FC specifically, which means custom coding.

With that said, I have turned on developer mode and wrote up a specific page to work with FoxyCart 2.0.
    This works best since I can control it for all product pages instead of a per product basis.

If you see another way, please let me know - otherwise I wrote up some documentation on the way I set it up.

I do not know 100% if things are different in the admin for different templates. I think there are some variances, but I dont think much.

Rich
    @richtestani,

Ah yep - the code block is a page module, so that's only going to work when your editing pages. What you're working on there is the product screen, which doesn't provide those page blocks. The approach you've taken would be your best bet.
  • Hi Adam. Basically, everything I've asked you about would apply to this.
    For the OP.
    It is possible to do, but you have to have some basic code knowledge, and even then I needed help, but I finally made it work.
    Its not easy. You do have to dig into the CSS.
    It does work flawlessly now tho. Looks snazzy too.
    Good luck
  • Hello @purpleontime
    Yeah I spent some time working it out. While it's mostly HTML/CSS it was a little tricky because
    you have to re-build the template since you don't have access to the product page.

I did write up some documentation, which I'll finish up and post somewhere. As you said, it's not easy to figure out but it does make quite a bit of difference.

We have it integrated here:
    http://www.oceanaddict.com