The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

SMS Text notifications - Feature request

We need SMS text message notification for:
- Any order received (only send texts between the hours of hh:mm AM and hh:mm PM)
- An order of category XYZ (send this text message 24 hours)
- Foxycart trouble or connectivity down (send texts 24 hours)

Of course, we can build this at our tail end. But it would be much nicer if Foxycart supplied this. (It's available no cost for amazon sellers)
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @CliffS,

Thanks for posting. If you wouldn't mind - could you post this request on our requests board at http://requests.foxycart.com/ please? That way we can track public interest in the idea as well.

Being able to trigger SMS notifications for transactions is definitely something you can build out yourself using our webhooks, and would give you the freedom to set up any sort of notifications and restrictions you need, making use of a service like Twilio to send the SMS's.

For the service interruption notifications - I'll discuss that with the team as a future enhancement we can make, to allow some sort of notification subscription for our status alerts. Currently we post to twitter and have information available at status.foxycart.com.
  • Thanks Adam. I cannot post to the "Requests.foxycart.com". When I click on the link "Post a new idea…" nothing happens. Yes, I'm logged in.

How about you moving my post over there.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @CliffS,

Sorry for the confusion there - if you start typing the title of your suggestion into the "What would you like to vote for?" text input - you can then create a new request using that. By taking that approach the requests board system allows you to first review the existing requests that might match before creating a new one.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @CliffS, the best way to do this currently would probably be to set up a Gmail filter to forward certain emails (based on the from and subject). Most cell providers have a format get text emails to go to text messages.

We do have a Zapier integration in the works, though, and that'll likely be the way we'd support text notifications.