Best strategy for changing the domain name on an existing Foxycart store?

Our store has been active since 2012 with a remote store domain (checkout.xxxxxxxxx.com) and custom SSL.

We are currently changing our business name and website address. Once the new one is active, the old will be 301 redirected to the new site. We also want to change our foxycart custom remote domain, but I can't figure out the best strategy.

Is it best to place a custom SSL order via the Foxycart admin for the current store -- using the new custom domain? I just checked my records and it doesn't appear that we have been asked to renew the Foxycart SSL since October 2013, but yet it is still active. Is it baked into the monthly fee now? We'd be happy to pay an additional fee to ensure that both the old and the new domain names are covered so that we don't have any unsecured downtime issues when we finally attempt to pull the switch (update the templates, email addresses, and so on).

Really appreciate your assistance. Thanks guys!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @xcorlett,

That's a great question - and I'm not 100% on the answer, so I'm going to check in with the team and we'll be back in touch as soon as we can.
  • Thanks Adam - do you have any updates?

Robert
    @xcorlett,

Sorry, the team member I need to speak with about this has been out sick. I'll connect with them as soon as I can. Did you have a timeframe of when you're wanting to make the change?
    @xcorlett,

Thanks for your patience. We can assist with getting your custom domain switched over as you launch. If you could hit us up on the helpdesk with details of the domains you're switching from and to, and the timeframe that you'll be doing it in, we can go over the specifics.