Can I offer free shipping for orders over x amount?

Can I offer free shipping for orders over x amount? I can't see how to do this with a coupon or within the shipping options.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @TiffaniH,

We don't currently support conditional free shipping as a standard feature. It is possible through our snippets though - which version of FoxyCart are you using and are you making use of live rate or flat rate shipping? We'll link to the snippet you'll need to use.
  • FeenixFeenix Member
    edited November 2015
    I am interested in this as well. I using version 2.0 and using live rate shipping.
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    edited November 2015
    @TiffaniH @Feenix

So, what you want to use is the Live Rate Shipping Modification snippet: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/live_rate_shipping_modification

Place it in your custom footer (Configuration > Add custom header and footer code to your templates) and add this custom shipping logic:
    var products = 0;
    // where x is the threshold amount
    if (FC.json.item_count > x) {
    FC.customLiveShipping.add(300, 0, '', 'Free Shipping');
    }
    Edit x with the value you want to have as the threshold for items. Try it out and let us know if you have additional questions regarding this.
    There are also some examples available on the wiki page for other common custom logic set ups that might assist if you want to do something other that base it off of the item count.

@TiffaniH - depending on your version and requirements, the snippet you'll need may not be that one just to be clear - if you can confirm your store version and shipping type, we'll confirm the snippet you'll need.
  • Worked great Thanks!

Just had to change the FC.json.item_count to FC.json.total_item_price to be based on price rather than quanity.
  • sry for the delay in coming back, thanks for this!
  • @fc_adam: I'm using v2 cart.
  • Related question:

Can I affect the handling fees in a similar manner? so have the handling fee as less if the order is under $75?
    @TiffaniH,

It's not possible to use javascript to alter handling fees - those are applied just as they're set in the admin. Depending on your exact requirements, you could make use of the flat fee or percentage handling fee option - which would allow you to have two different fees.
  • thanks @fc_adam,

could I combine a snippet (as you mentioned in my other question) to set the handling fees at the same time as setting the shipping cost with this snippet, or can you not use multiple snippets at once?
  • fc_jedfc_jed FoxyCart Team
    @TiffaniH

It's not possible to use a javascript snippet to set handling fees, but you can set them in the admin while using a snippet to set the shipping cost. Multiple snippets can be used at once, but not if they're different versions of the same snippets or conflicting ones (i.e. Live Rates and Flat Rates). Live rate and flat rate shipping snippets can't be mixed with each other. Instead, you can just ship using live rate, and consequently use the live rate snippet, to set "flat rate" costs to shipping options you want.
    @TiffaniH,

Just to expand on Jed's reply. You technically can create handling fees using javascript and our snippets. Handling fees are just mixed in with the shipping costs - so you'd just add the handling fees on to the shipping costs within the snippets. You can't use the handling fees as set in the admin within the javascript - but you can add them in the javascript.