Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Child Product not being removed from cart when parent product is

This is my code:
<form class="nice" action="https://nameofstore.foxycart.com/cart" method="post" accept-charset="utf-8">

<input type="hidden" name="name" value="Tape" />
<input type="hidden" name="price" value="15.60" />
<input type="hidden" name="code" value="180" />
<input type="hidden" name="weight" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="discount_quantity_amount" value="Quantity Discount{allunits|12-0.32|50-0.62|100-3.12|250-5.2}" />
<h4><label class="label_left">Enter the width in inches:</label></h4>
<input type="text" name="quantity" value=""/>

<input type="hidden" name="2:name" value="Cutting" />
<input type="hidden" name="2:price" value=".50" />
<input type="hidden" name="2:code" value="cuts" />
<input type="hidden" name="2:parent_code" value="180" />
<h4><label class="label_left">Enter number of cuts needed:</label></h4>
<input type="text" name="2:quantity" value=""/>

<input type="submit" name="Add To Cart" value="Add To Cart" class="submit button" />
</form>

Everything seems to pass to the cart including the parent code, but when I remove the parent, I expect the child to be removed as well. Isn't that what's supposed to happen? It's not. :(

The store is still at 1.1. Would love to upgrade but not sure it's in the budget yet.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Lucyl,

The issue you're running into there is that bundled products is a feature only available from version 2.0. To make use of that you will need to upgrade to 2.0.

If you could let us know your store domain (feel free to whisper it if you want to keep it private) we can take a look at your store and let you know how involved an upgrade would be.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @LucyL,

Thanks for whispering your store.

I've taken a look over your store, and there are really only two main points that will affect you with upgrading.

1) FoxyCart Includes
    With the change to 2.0, we also changed the javascript and CSS files you include on your website. With 2.0 we've moved to a single file which should remain the same for all future versions from here on out - removing the need to change them on your site when upgrading. So for your upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0, you'll remove the javascript and CSS files you have now, and instead replace them with the single loader.js file that will be displayed under "Sample Code" after upgrading.

2) Templates
    This is the big part. With 2.0 we introduced new templates which have been rebuilt from the ground up, and are now responsive out of the box. This means that templates for existing stores pre 2.0 will not be compatible with 2.0.

Some people like the new defaults and so change from custom templates to just using the default templates in 2.0, which if was the case for you would make the update for templates quite simple.

It is still possible to include your own site's markup within the FoxyCart templates - but it would need to be redone for 2.0. We have documentation on doing it here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/templates/intermediate-automagicache

For an overview of upgrading to 2.0 - you can see that here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/upgrading
  • Thanks for all your help. I'll check out the doc on the new templates.