The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Data Transfer agreement: Users complain about not working validation

Our shop went live today (https://box.fileee.com - should also be available in english). Already some bugs, but mainly because of the custom shipping snippet.

Anyway, some customers complain that the shop fails because the data transfer is not checked, although the checkbox is checked. After validation the checkbox is again unchecked. Because multiple users complained about this i would believe them that they checked it.

In our own tests it worked, so now i'm asking if you have an idea what i going on or even if you can test it somehow maybe (of course without triggering a real order: btw is that possible? Would be cool for us to test)
Comments
  • fileeefileee Member
    edited March 2016
    We were able to reproduce the issue on a mobile phone
    On Android it worked with paypal and credit card
    It DIDN'T worked on iphone 6 with the safari browser(chrome too) and paypal(credit card worked).

Although we check everything and provide address etc pp. after clicking on submit in the checkout, foxycart complains that the data transfer was not checked.

Please help us :)
  • for now we will deactivate the data consent
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @fileee,

Thanks for posting your findings - we'll dig into this and see what might be happening.
    @fileee,

I've been able to reproduce what you're seeing. It appears that the checked state of the checkbox is not correctly being maintained between in-page renders on mobile. We'll look into what might be causing that and update this thread as we find more information.
    @fileee,

Thanks for your patience on this issue. We've rolled out some fixes recently to the checkout javascript which has also corrected this particular issue in our testing. Let us know if you continue to see it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.