The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

text email is displayed wrong at least in Gmail

We receive a lot of complaints about the email display from gmail users. it seems they get the text email(actually we have an html as well, but somehow they retrieve the text-only email) but all line breaks are removed

e.g. it is received like this
=========================================================== BESTELLBESTÄTIGUNG =========================================================== Im Browser ansehen: https://fileee.foxycart.com/receipt?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxx Vielen Dank für Deine Bestellung. Bitte bewahre Diese Quittung für Deine Unterlagen auf. Wenn Du möchtest kannst Du deine Transaktionsdaten unter folgendem Link nochmal einsehen: https://fileee.foxycart.com/cart?cart=updateinfo =========================================================== BESTELLUEBERSICHT: ---------------------------------------- * Verkäufer: xxxx* Bestellnummer: xxxxx* Datum: Di 15 Mär 2016 17:02:49 CET * Summe: 45,35 € * Tos Agreement: Yes KAUF-INFORMATIONEN: --------------------------------------- Wir schenken Dir einen Gutschein für Deine nächste Box. Weitere Infos auf Deiner Bestellbestätigung: https://fileee.foxycart.com/receipt?id=xxxxxxxxxxx E-Mail: xxxxxxxxxx Rechnungsadresse:xxxxxxx Warenkorb -------------------------------------------------- Set (Box+Aufsatz) * Menge: 1 * Preis: 37,77 € Zwischensumme: 37,77 € Shipping & Handling: 4,12 € German VAT (19%) MwSt.: 7,96 € Rest of the World (0%) MwSt.: 0,00 € Summe: 45,35 € "

Why is this happening? Can you please fix this? I mean i guess there is not much we can do from our side.....
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @fileee,

That is a weird one. I copied your text template to my own test store and tested out an email with the custom_lang set to DE but the text receipt always came through broken out into lines as expected in Gmail.

Were the users who have reported this using Gmail's web interface, or were they using a specific email client?
  • fileeefileee Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah I know weird right? And also in my tests it worked for my gmail account.

At least for 2 users i'm 100% confident they just used the gmail web interface. I have screenshots for that
    @fileee,

Could you ask one of those users to forward the email receipt to you - and then forward that on to our helpdesk? I'm really at a loss as to what could be causing that for some users - unless it's some specific browser issue.
    @fileee,

Thanks for forwarding the email receipt to us. I was quite perplexed how this was happening but then a teammate helped me pinpoint the issue. You currently have the text email template set as the HTML email template as well. This means FoxyCart is trying to send a HTML email, but just with text formatting. That's causing it all to go into one line as there is no HTML elements to dictate how it displays. You'll want to ensure you're using the HTML email template, and then just copy in the custom language twig logic you're using to the top of it.
  • fileeefileee Member
    edited March 2016
    OMG that is so embarrasing for me :/ you are absolutely right. Srsly, how can that happen to me, i must have copied it wrong because of the 1000x times i copied the templates from my local file into the textfield. But at least you were also confused first, so you understand why i also didn't thought of this first. anyway thx for the help and good that it is just an easy fix and not some underlying technical problem hard to debug :)
    @fileee - no worries! We were indeed stumped at first too.