reCaptcha?

I saw that this has been asked before, but not recently. Is it possible to add a reCaptcha to the checkout process? My customer's checkout form is getting attacked repeatedly from a bot. His bank charges him a fee for each declined transaction. It adds up after thousands of declined transactions.
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @GeorgeInActon,

I'm really sorry to hear that! We don't have any native or supported integration for a captcha type service, and we generally don't recommend them as it introduces an additional step for your legitimate customers. There is also a good chance that the orders are being placed by actual people, so a captcha field wouldn't stop them from submitting either. I believe there has been a couple stores that have implemented a captcha field on the checkout, so it is possible in some degree for what it's worth.

A better approach that we'd recommend would be to enable any anti-fraud options you have at your gateway, along with also enabling minfraud in your FoxyCart store. You can see information on minfraud here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/minfraud. While it won't be a perfect solution - it will assist in stopping any obviously fraud, and as you get more orders you can monitor the minfraud score for approved transactions and adjust it as needed.

We also have another integration coming soon with Signifyd which is an anti-fraud service. We don't have an ETA on when that will launch but it is coming soon.

Would it be possible for you to whisper me what store is receiving the fraudulent transactions? We'd be happy to take a look and see if we had any other suggestions for options for your store.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @GeorgeInActon,

Thanks for whispering your store details - and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

The store was indeed getting hit quite hard! I see you've enabled minfraud for your store, and it caught a few orders and then they stopped - so it looks like they may have moved on now that you have that safeguard in place. That's a good sign.

Moving forward - you'll want to keep an eye on your store's error log and transactions. If you're seeing some real orders get stopped, you may need to increase the minfraud setting, or if fraud is still coming through, check the score the transaction received within your transactions log and then decrease the minfraud setting to catch it in the future.