Cart Auto Clearing prevents Customer Orders

Hi,

I was just wondering if you changed anything related to the checkout yesterday or this morning. Our customer support received about 6 calls today from customers who had the checkout form clear out on them when they were trying to purchase. I don’t know what browsers they were in or any other details. I'm doing some troubleshooting on Safari that shows the checkout fields clear with a page reload whenever an individual without an existing account or who isn't logged in tries to complete a purchase.

Is this something on our end?

Thanks,
Karen
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @kmadler,

No major changes that I can see that should cause carts or form to be cleared. If you can get some additional details for what the customers experienced exactly, and if possible the browsers they were using when it happened, we'd be happy to dig in.
  • kmadlerkmadler Member
    Hi Adam,

Is there any way I can send you a quick time screen recording I made? I was able to duplicate this in Safari for a variety of scenarios involving a new user who does not yet have an account with us. It won't save their password at the bottom of the form for future use, it just clears the form. After that, even logging in with my own established account causes issues where my password is not recognized.

Thanks,
    Karen
  • kmadlerkmadler Member
    Hi again Adam,

This is a pretty serious problem for us. I'm not saying it has anything to do with FC, but we had made no changes to the cart or checkout templates or account sign ups or logins and it started very abruptly yesterday morning. I'm working with my web developer on this end too.

Here is what my support team says:

"Customers are still have issues placing orders online. We received a half-dozen calls about this yesterday, and I got another one just now. And it looks like the last web order we received was at 6:50AM yesterday."

Any additional assistance would be much, much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Karen
  • kmadlerkmadler Member
    Notes from our web developer:

"I can't seem to complete a purchase as a guest or using my normal checkout email. As a test, I reverted the FoxyCart templates to the versions from 2/9/16. When I tried to checkout I had the same issue. Pretty consistently the Last Name, Credit Card Month and Credit Card Year fields will blank out on the first submit. Then if I add that data back, it blanks out the whole form on the next submit.

I was able to get one order to go though. First I had to login on the CMCRescue.com website first, then go through the checkout process. When I first submitted the order, it returned to the checkout page with everything still filled out. I tried submitting again and the order did go through that time after a couple second delay."
  • kmadlerkmadler Member
    Hi Brett, Adam, or anyone at FoxyCart,

This issue is urgent!!

We have not been able to receive web orders for the past 2 days. Could someone please let me know they are looking into this ASAP? My developer has not made any changes that could affect this.

Please review the 11:19AM post for the best explanation of what's occurring.

Thanks,
    Karen
    @kmadler,

Sorry for the delay - we're looking into this right now.
    edited May 2016
    @kmadler,

Again - I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you today.

This does appear to relate to a change we made with the SSO endpoint as your developer referenced. We rolled out the change to allow for some new variable naming structure for the variables in the SSO endpoint. We had rolled that out previously but it had caused issues so we made some changes and ran through some extensive testing before rolling out again.

In this instance, it appears to have conflicted with your store because your endpoint is passing a blank fc_customer_id value. If you update your endpoint to pass through an integer of 0 for an unknown/guest customer - that should correct the issue you're seeing and get things working again.

I'm not exactly sure what changed with this recent update that made it stop working for you with a blank value - but the fc_customer_id value is expected to be an integer. It's possible that you are setting it to 0 in your integration, but it's being considered as false instead of an integer, and so is coming out as null in the URL. Ensuring it's maintained as an integer will get this working.