The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Flat Rate Shipping Modification Borks Coupon Code Calculation

For some reason the flat rate shipping modification borked the coupon code entry. A coupon can be expired or flat out not exist and the total of the order will change. If the code doesn't exist or is expired, no error message is shown either.

I'm using the latest version: v2.0.8 - https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/flat_rate_shipping_modification

Has this happened to anyone else? Are there any insights on this issue, perhaps from FC?

Here is the code I have in my footer. My own "logic" is super simple.

{% if (context == 'cart' or context == 'checkout') and item_count > 0 %}
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
(function (FC, $) {
FC.customFlatRates = {};
FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results = [];

FC.customFlatRates.config = {
'autoSelect': true
};

FC.customFlatRates.logic = function(address) {
FC.customFlatRates.add(1, ((FC.json.total_order * .11) + 12), 'Shipping', 'Standard');
};

/* Flat Rate Shipping Modification Logic v2.0.8 */
FC.customFlatRates.add=function(a,b,c,d){FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.push({method:c,price:b,service_id:a,service_name:d})};FC.customFlatRates.hide=function(a){a=FC.customFlatRates.filterShippingOptions(a);for(var b=0;b<a.length;b++)FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[a[b]].hide=!0};FC.customFlatRates.show=function(a){a=FC.customFlatRates.filterShippingOptions(a);for(var b=0;b<a.length;b++)FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[a[b]].hide=!1};
FC.customFlatRates.remove=function(a){a=FC.customFlatRates.filterShippingOptions(a);a=a.sort(function(a,b){return b-a});for(var b=a.length-1;0<=b;b--)FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.splice(a[b],1)};
FC.customFlatRates.update=function(a,b,c,d){a=FC.customFlatRates.filterShippingOptions(a);for(var e=0;e<a.length;e++){if("number"===typeof b||"string"===typeof b&&""!==b){var f=FC.customFlatRates.modifyPrice(FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[a[e]].price,b);FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[a[e]].price=f}"string"===typeof c&&(FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[a[e]].method=c);"string"===typeof d&&(FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[a[e]].service_name=d)}};
FC.customFlatRates.reset=function(){FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results=[];FC.customFlatRates.error_message=!1};FC.customFlatRates.error=function(a){FC.customFlatRates.error_message=a};
FC.api.getShippingOptions=function(a){var b={address_name:a.address_name,state:a.region,country:a.country,city:a.city,postal_code:a.postal_code};FC.customFlatRates.reset();FC.customFlatRates.logic(b);for(var b=!1,c=FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.length-1;0<=c;c--)FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[c].hide?FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.splice(c,1):FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[c].service_id==a.shipping_service_id&&(b=!0);b||(a.shipping_service_description="",a.shipping_service_id=
0,a.total_shipping=0,a.total_future_shipping=0);FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.sort(function(a,b){return a.price-b.price});if(FC.customFlatRates.config.autoSelect&&0==a.shipping_service_id||1==FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.length){if(FC.json.has_multiship)for(c=0;c<FC.json.multiship_data.length;c++)FC.json.multiship_data[c].address_name==a.address_name&&(FC.json.multiship_data[c].shipping_service_id=FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[0].service_id,FC.json.multiship_data[c].shipping_service_description=
FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[0].method+" "+FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[0].service_name);else FC.json.shipping_address.shipping_service_id=FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[0].service_id,FC.json.shipping_address.shipping_service_description=FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[0].method+" "+FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[0].service_name;FC.json.show_shipping_tbd=!1}return $.Deferred(function(a){setTimeout(function(){FC.customFlatRates.error_message?a.reject(Error(FC.customFlatRates.error_message)):
a.resolve({ok:!0,data:{shipping_results:FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results}})},10)})};
FC.customFlatRates.filterShippingOptions=function(a){if("number"==typeof a)for(var b=0;b<FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.length;b++){if(FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[b].service_id==a)return[b]}else{if("string"==typeof a){for(var c=[],d={},b=0;b<FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.length;b++){var e=FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[b];d[b]=e.method+" "+e.service_name}if("all"!=a.toLowerCase()){a=/(fedex|usps|ups)?\s?([\w\s]+)?/i.exec(a);if(void 0==a||""==a)return;for(b in d)void 0!=a[1]&&
""!=a[1]&&-1==d[b].toLowerCase().indexOf(a[1].toLowerCase())?delete d[b]:void 0!=a[2]&&""!=a[2]&&-1==d[b].toLowerCase().indexOf(a[2].toLowerCase())&&delete d[b]}for(b in d)c.push(parseInt(b));return c}if("object"==typeof a){c=[];for(b=0;b<a.length;b++)for(d=0;d<FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results.length;d++)FC.customFlatRates.shipping_results[d].service_id==a[b]&&c.push(a[b]);return c}}};
FC.customFlatRates.modifyPrice=function(a,b){b=b.toString();var c=/([\+\-\=\*\/])?(\d+(?:\.\d+)?)(\%)?/.exec(b);a=parseFloat(a);var d=parseFloat(c[2]);void 0!=c[3]&&""!=c[3]&&(d=d/100*a);switch(void 0==c[1]&&""!=c[1]?"=":c[1]){case "+":a+=d;break;case "-":a-=d;break;case "/":a/=d;break;case "*":a*=d;break;default:a=d}return 0>a?0:a};
function requireShipping(){var a=!1;FC.customFlatRates.config.onLocationChange=!1;if(FC.json.has_multiship)for(i=0;i<FC.json.multiship_data.length;i++)FC.json.multiship_data[i].has_shippable_products&&!FC.json.multiship_data[i].has_live_rate_shippable_products&&(FC.json.multiship_data[i].has_live_rate_shippable_products=!0,FC.json.shipping_address.custom_flat_rates_applied=!0,0==FC.json.multiship_data[i].shipping_service_id&&(FC.json.show_address_entry=!0,"cart"==FC.json.context&&(FC.json.show_shipping_tbd=
!0)));FC.json.shipping_address.has_shippable_products&&!FC.json.shipping_address.has_live_rate_shippable_products&&(FC.json.shipping_address.has_live_rate_shippable_products=!0,FC.json.has_current_live_rate_shipping=!0,FC.json.has_current_flat_rate_shipping=!1,a=!0,0==FC.json.shipping_address.shipping_service_id&&(FC.json.show_address_entry=!0,FC.json.show_shipping_tbd=!0));a&&(FC.Template(FC.json.context).clearOutput(),FC[FC.json.context].render());$.each(FC.json.has_multiship?FC.json.multiship_data:
[FC.json.shipping_address],function(a,c){(!FC.customFlatRates.config.onLocationChange&&FC.util.addressHasLocationInfo(c)||FC.customFlatRates.config.onLocationChange)&&c.has_live_rate_shippable_products&&FC[FC.json.context].getShippingOptions({address:c})})}function saveShippingId(a,b,c){FC.customFlatRates.shipping_service_ids=[];$.each(FC.json.has_multiship?FC.json.multiship_data:[FC.json.shipping_address],function(a,b){FC.customFlatRates.shipping_service_ids[a]=b.shipping_service_id})}
function restoreShippingId(a,b,c){a=/ThisAction=(\w+)/;if(void 0!==c&&c.hasOwnProperty("url")){if(-1!=c.url.search(a))var d=c.url.match(a)[1];else-1<c.url.indexOf("/cart")&&(d="cart");-1==$.inArray(d,["SaveCartContactInfo","GetAddressByPostalCode","SaveShippingServiceInfo","GetTaxes"])&&(FC.customFlatRates.hasOwnProperty("shipping_service_ids")&&$.each(FC.json.has_multiship?FC.json.multiship_data:[FC.json.shipping_address],function(a,b){0==b.shipping_service_id&&(b.shipping_service_id=void 0===FC.customFlatRates.shipping_service_ids[a]?
0:FC.customFlatRates.shipping_service_ids[a])}),requireShipping())}FC.customFlatRates.shipping_service_ids=[]}$(document).ajaxStart(saveShippingId);$(document).ajaxComplete(restoreShippingId);
{% if cart_is_fullpage or context == 'checkout' %}FC.client.on("ready.done",requireShipping);{% else %}requireShipping();{% endif %}
})(FC, jQuery);
</script>
{% endif %}

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @BenS,

Would it be possible for you to whisper me your store? I tried out that snippet on my own test store and I couldn't replicate the issues you're describing there where the totals would change no matter what coupon you entered.

If you could detail the steps to take to replicate it as well - that would be really helpful.
  • BenSBenS Member
    So, it's not happening anymore for me. I think what happened was I upgraded the script to see if that would fix it and it semi-fixed it. Looks like it doesn't alter the price anymore but it doesn't throw an error on expired or non existing codes. It does however apply current codes.

I think when I upgraded the code to v2.0.8, I didn't see any errors thrown, so I assumed everything was still happening the same. Shame on me for sucking on the testing. :0
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @BenS,

Thanks for whispering and clarifying - I'm glad that previous issue is gone after upgrading.

The lack of errors I can see - and I think I know what's causing it, it's a result of the shipping snippet needing to do a hard rerender of the checkout after the coupon is added, which is blowing away the response from the coupon action.

We have a new feature coming very soon - hopefully next week - which will allow for a native custom shipping endpoint so you can calculate the custom flat rates server-side. It will remove the need for the javascript client-side approach which is hacking the checkout to make it work, and instead be a normal shipping endpoint that FoxyCart can request rates from. That'd be the best solution in this instance - and I'll update this thread when that lands with more information
  • fileeefileee Member
    BTW: I cannot wait for this! Will make our live SOOOOO much easier and th whole process hopefully so much less error prone :)
  • BrianFBrianF Member
    Looking forward to that. Please do it. I'm Javascript-impared!
  • BenSBenS Member
    That will be fantastic!

Thank you!