Cancel or Void transaction that was Refunded Directly in the Merchant Gateway

How can I Cancel or Void transaction that was Refunded Directly in the Merchant portal?

For future reference, can I refund a transaction in FoxyCart and have it issue the refund through the Authorize.net account?

Thank you.
Dave
Comments
  • Does "Hiding" the transaction in the FoxyCart Admin panel serve the same purpose?
    Does "Archiving" the transaction in FoxyCart serve the same purpose?

Thank you.
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    Hi @DaveJaworski,

Thank you for the questions.
    How can I Cancel or Void transaction that was Refunded Directly in the Merchant portal?
    While this feature is planned for a future release, currently there is no way to cancel a transaction within FoxyCart — you can just hide it, so a transaction which has been processed in any way would not appear in your reports.
    Does "Hiding" the transaction in the FoxyCart Admin panel serve the same purpose?
    Because a transaction that has been made cannot be unmade, this option clears up the visual representation of your store's transactions.

As for the Archiving option — could you please elaborate? As far as we know, currently there is no such feature in FoxyCart. Is it a part of a third party tool?

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • @fc_roman Thank you for your response. I am supporting a client's older version of FoxyCart (version 4.7.1) and in it there is an Archive option when viewing transactions in the WordPress Plugin Admin. (Options are View Order, Receipt and Archive.)
  • @fc_roman I selected Hide Transaction in the FoxyCart Admin yet the transaction still shows in the WordPress Admin when I look through orders.
    Hi @DaveJaworski,

Thank you for the details about the version and your Wordpress-based setup.

I would surmise that 4.7.1 is the version of the FoxyShop plugin in your client's Wordpress, because the latest version of FoxyCart is 2.0.
    I selected Hide Transaction in the FoxyCart Admin yet the transaction still shows in the WordPress
    Just confirmed with David of FoxyShop that Archiving in FoxyShop is the same as Hiding in FoxyCart, and Filled in FoxyShop = Hidden in FoxyCart, while Unfilled in FoxyShop = Visible in FoxyCart.

FoxyShop is a third-party plugin, and although we can vouch for its high quality, we are simply not as qualified to discuss its options and features as its authors. Any question about FoxyShop is better directed to the team behind the plugin: http://www.foxy-shop.com/contact/.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
  • @fc_roman Thank you. My bad... that is indeed the plug-in. Thank you. The information is helpful.
    No problem! Whatever the question, the first thing we do is try to provide a valuable answer.