iDevAffiliate: Automatically Create Affiliates from Customers

brettbrett FoxyCart Team
in General edited November 2007
Hi all.
We're looking at increasing our support for iDevAffiliate (which currently works, but you need to have https on your own site, which we're trying to avoid).

If you use it, let us know. There are some really interesting possibilities since FoxyCart is so easy to integrate.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    So we've created some code to automatically create new affiliates from customers. (Checkbox to say "Yes, I want to be an affiliate", which shows additional fields when checked.)

Email is then sent to the customer/affiliate with an affiliate link to get them started (or whatever you want to include) and their username and password (in cleartext, but that's how iDev works).

We'll be posting this to the wiki shortly, but please let us know if you'd find this useful or have any requests.
  • Hey there,

just wondering if "So we've created some code to automatically create new affiliates from customers. " is in effect. In the wiki it said it was still in development. thanks.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi.
    I'm not positive, but I think that code should at least get you started. It's not code we (FoxyCart) created or maintain, so I'm not sure we can offer much more than that, but if you have trouble it probably wouldn't be too big a deal to fix.