The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Status field empty in xml transaction datafeed

Hi,

we are using the status in the transaction data feed to map it to our own status. We added mappings for approved, authorized, declined, pending, and rejected which are mentioned in the documentation.

Now we are experiencing that we sometimes get transactions with empty status field. This is for transactions that are payed with credit card (stripe gateway) and they should be payed directly. Does empty status always mean that a payment was successful? Why is that not approved? For paypal we saw that we have a status approved once payment was done.

Regards,
arne

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @arne,

Sorry for the confusion here. For instant payments such as through Stripe, the status field currently does come through as empty. As instant payments only trigger a single datafeed when the transaction was completed, you can safely assume that the transaction was successful.

I'll make a note of the confusion here with the team, and we'll look into adding the "approved" status for those instant transactions too so it's clearer.
  • Hi,

thanks for the response.

To be clear:
    In the first paypal transaction datafeed I get, there the status also is empty. So I need to check the paymentType and when its hosted, empty means not payed and when its plastic I can assume it is payed?

Regards,
    arne
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @arne,

I'll have to look into that one - you shouldn't be getting an empty status for any datafeed for the PayPal transactions. For the interim though - what you described there would be correct.