The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Multiple XML POSTs

This may be a common question or misunderstanding, but I wasn't able to find an answer in my search.

Can the XML datafeed POST to more than one URL? Right now it's sending to my OrderDesk account, but I'd like to set up a MailChimp integration, which, as I understand, would require me to point the datafeed to a php page on my own website - do I have to set up that page to forward the datafeed to OrderDesk? I don't trust my backend enough to do that, so I'm hoping to avoid it.
Comments
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    Hey @Kasper,

Perhaps, OrderDesk+MailChimp integration could be the answer?

You are right: currently only one datafeed endpoint can be specified in a FoxyCart account. We understand your reluctance to rely on your hosting for doing anything sophisticated with the datafeed, but today the choice you have is between this and the option above.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Thank you for the answer! I didn't realize there was a direct OrderDesk -> MailChimp option, so I'll check that out!

Good to know that the datafeed can only be sent to one location. It's not ideal, but knowing that this is the case will allow me to work with it - I guess I can try trusting my backend and see how things go. Thanks again!
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Kasper,

As a quick aside - we're currently building out a new feature that will replace our current datafeed functionality, that will support sending it to multiple endpoints out of the box, along with a stack of other improvements to make it easier to work with. We don't have an ETA for the launch of that yet - but we do know that the single endpoint limitation is annoying.
  • Just felt like I should follow up here (since I hate Googling an issue and seeing 'oh nvm, figured out how to fix it'): The OrderDesk -> MailChimp integration works great, and allows all sorts of custom options. This allowed me to only save the email addresses of folks who opted in to our marketing list - exactly what I wanted to do!
    @Kasper,

Awesome! Thanks for posting the follow-up!
  • EpotratzEpotratz Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey @fc_adam, Is the multiple datafeed option available yet?

An if not, is this still a functional option: https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/php/multiple_datafeed_endpoints

?

Thanks!
    @Epotratz,

Our new feature is getting close - it's going through some testing right now. For the meantime, the script you linked to can certainly be a viable option.