Subscription Transaction Failed message

altaurogaltaurog Member
in Help edited September 2016
Help! I just noticed we're getting an awful lot of these error messages, and I have no idea what it means or what I can do about them:

Subscription Transaction Failed: Error: There was an error
processing your payment: BillingAgreement B01-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX is
currently in Suspended state. AuthorizeOnBillingAgreement can only
be requested in the Open state.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue with your subscription renewals. Would it be possible to confirm your store with you please? If you'd prefer to keep that private, you can either whisper it using the whisper functionality of the forum (by checking the "Whisper" box when responding and entering my forum username), or email the details into our helpdesk.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team

Thanks for whispering that information. When you initially configured Amazon Payments for your store - did you follow the instructions as detailed on our wiki at There are some important required steps in order to get your FoxyCart store connected to your Amazon account and given the access it needs.
  • Yes, I believe we did. The store owner followed whatever steps were detailed in the FoxyCart docs at the time. We were coming from Amazon and payments were processed successfully after the switch. Judging from the transaction feed, we are still getting successful transactions via Amazon.
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    Hi @altaurog,

Would it be possible for you to review this specific order on the Amazon side?

From Amazon's explanation here, at the bottom of the table, it looks like there are various reasons for the "Closed" state. Amazon may be able to share more information about this error.
  • @fc_adam Thanks. I will look into that. We have a lot of these, though.