Realex - Discontinuation of SHA-1 - Any issue for Foxycart Integration?

Realex are discontinuing support for SHA-1 and from 1st November 2016 they will be supporting SHA-256 only. Just checking in with you guys if there is anything that we need to do from our end? I assume you're all prepared but I want to assure my clients that everything is in place for the transition and that there will not be any service disruption?

Thanks!
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @intandem,

Thanks for touching base - assuming this is the same email that a couple other users have emailed in about - we are ready to go for the migrations that the email refer to. The email notes that the integration should ensure they're communicating with the correct URL, ones that starts with epage rather than remote. We are already communicating with those correct URL's, so all good to go!
  • Thanks for your reply. Always good to be reassured.
  • Hi, Adam. We are in the same boat -- just looking for your reassurance. We are a nonprofit entering major fundraising season so we want to be sure that our Foxy is ready.

Here is the message from Elavon/Converge, our processor:
    I reached out earlier today via phone from Elavon, your payment processor, in regards to the upcoming SHA 2 and TLS 1.2 deadline. We have your company on record as using Converge as a gateway for your payments processing. After October 31, 2016, any customer who is sending transactions via a SHA 1 connection and/or lower than TLS 1.2 through Elavon will not be able to process. If you have a website which allows customers to make payments, please forward this to your web designer or IT department. If your website is connected to a shopping cart, please contact your shopping cart to confirm they are SHA 2 and TLS 1.2 compliant. Have them visit: http://www.besha2ready.com/ for reference.
    On that support web page, I believe we fall under the 3rd scenario, because our web form at http://fllt.org/give simply passes a dollar amount (no donor information) to Foxy, then Foxy handles the secure transmission to Elavon/Converge. For that scenario, the support web page says:
    Converge e-commerce
    If you are using Converge for e-commerce and use an “off-the-shelf” shopping cart, you will need to contact your e-commerce solution provider to ensure compatibility with the higher security protocols.
    Adam, does it sound like we're good to go for SHA-2 transactions on Nov 1?

Thank you.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Jeff,

I believe the answer is the same - but I'll confirm that with our gateway developers and get back to you with a final confirmation.
  • Thank you, Adam. Standing by...
  • @fc_adam I failed to @ you in my previous comment, so just making sure you got my message. We will look forward to your confirmation about SHA-2 and Elavon/Converge. Thanks again.
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    @Jeff,

We received your question, thank you. Waiting for the response from the gateway developers and will let you know as soon as they get back. This thread is referenced in our internal communications so we should be able to notify you without delay.
  • Thank you, @fc_roman.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @jeff, confirmed. We've got you covered. Thanks for checking, though. Always good to make sure :)
  • Brett and Roman, thank you. Relief!