The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Are customer specific prices supported?

For a registered customer only shop, it is required that the customer can see 'his' price. Which might be different from the normal price or general discounts.

Regards, Max
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mgaerber,

You can certainly set up your products and their prices to display however you need. FoxyCart doesn't manage your website or your products for you - but rather you can set them up however you want on your side. So while the answer is yes, the longer answer is that how that works is completely up to you.
  • mgaerbermgaerber Member
    edited October 2016
    I understand. What made me think again is that you have several fields for your cart (e.g. discount etc.) that imply some meaning on your side.

So, to put it differently, how would I declare such a custom price with your existing fields and according to your semantics?

Regards,
    Max
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mgaerber,

Sure thing. The answer is it depends how you need it structured.

You can simply set a different value for the price in the link/form depending on the user. So for example, if the user isn't logged in, it's one price, but if they are logged in, the field is set to a different price. This would change what price the product is when they add it to the cart.

If you wanted the user to see that they're getting it cheaper, then you could apply a discount with the add to cart. This way, you would leave the products price at the original price, but include a discount as well to drop the price down as much as you need.

As an example, say the product is $20 and for members it's $15:
    <input type="hidden" name="price" value="20" />
    <input type="hidden" name="discount_quantity_amount" value="Member Special{1-5}" />
    If that was included in the add to cart, the discount would apply, resulting in the product costing $15. You can see more information about discounts at http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/discounts
  • Perfect, thanks