Passing Transaction Fees Through to Customers as a Line Item?

Possible? Even for specific gateways?
I just got a call from a vendor claiming to offer a gateway that allows the end user to see the charge for the transaction fee, and select a lower cost card.
Comments
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    Hey @klyle,

To answer your question we'll need to dig around. We'll do that and get back.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @klyle, I'm only aware of one gateway that does that, and as far as I recall, it was patent pending (or something comparable). There are also restrictions by card and by merchant type (gov, education, etc.). I'm going to assume you were contacted by the same company, but whisper me the company URL if you could.

If it's the company I'm thinking of, it definitely was an interesting situation. It required some changes to the checkout flow, so it wasn't a "normal" gateway integration for us, and we decided to wait and see what type of demand we had from our users.

That said, I don't believe the system I'm thinking of split things out as line items, but perhaps they've changed that.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @klyle. We just spoke with CardX. They used to have a different name, and we actually added support for their SmartScreen approach 2 years ago. So that's hopefully good news for you. (They do have other approaches to the integration as well.)

We'll reach out to you by email to set up another discussion so we can let you know about what we currently support, and what future possibilities might be.

Thanks!
  • klyleklyle Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks, Brett!