Weights to 2 decimal places

SimonSimon Member
Hi,

We currently have our products set up with weights to 2 decimal places. Unfortunately, when a product of say 2.40kg is sold the transaction shows a weight of 2.4kg which is also then fed through to Orderdesk in that format.

The problem for us is that our shipping system needs to have 2 decimal places.

So, is there a way to enforce the 2 decimal places, or actually just respect the weights we are feeding into Foxycart through our products?

Other options are to ask Orderdesk if we can manage this, and worst case is to have to manually/script changes to correct the weight format which is not ideal considering it would involve staff having to manually edit files.

Thanks
Simon
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Simon,

Good question. We don't currently have a way to enforce the weight to be stored to a certain decimal amount. I have created a ticket for us to look into this though to look at improving it - it is weird to have the weight show as 2.4 there - generally speaking weight would be to at least two decimal places. We'll discuss best ways to improve this amongst the team.

For now - you'll need to either look at manually editing the files, or you could use the API to get the information you need and output it as required. We'll update this thread as we make any changes to how this works.
  • @fc_adam

David @ Orderdesk has come back to me and as a result of my question have made a change in production to go to 2 decimal places with the weights.

So our issue is resolved, but as you say it would be good if the weights within FC were all to 2 decimal places which is what you would normally expect to see.

Simon
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Simon,

Awesome - I'm glad David was able to help you out there!