wrong shipping address to subscription customers

SparkySparky Member
in Help edited November 2016
Hi there,

Moving this discussion as requested so it doesn't get mixed in with other issues on another thread. =)

Our store was just upgraded to FC 2.0 last week from 1.1 and I've had a couple subscription orders go through with incorrect shipping addresses. The billing and shipping addresses should be the same, no info on the customer accounts has been changed (or at least, not for many weeks / months).

For some reason, the shipping address on the latest order is being gathered from a one-time gift order sent to a different address. The gift orders were months ago and there have been regular subscription orders since. I'm concerned - I don't know how to check that the future orders will go through correctly and don't know if this will happen with other customers whose regular orders haven't been processed since the upgrade.

Multiship is not enabled. Would that make a difference?

Thanks for helping get this sorted out!
Comments
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for creating a thread.
    We're looking into these 2 orders.
  • fc_romanfc_roman Member, FoxyCart Team
    edited November 2016
    @Sparky,

If you see a significant number of orders, which look to be shipping to a person different from the one who paid for them, you may indeed want to enable the Multuship option: check the box "multiple ship-to addresses:" in STORE » settings. Then you'd need to add the shipto input or select to the Add to cart product forms on your site:
    <select name="shipto">
    <option name="Me" value="Me" selected>To myself</option>
    <option name="Gift recipient" value="Gift recipient">To a gift recipient</option>
    </select>
    We are still looking into the orders.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Sparky,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To quickly confirm for you - currently a customer record can only have one set of address and payment details associated with them - so if they have multiple subscriptions for themselves, and they update their address or payment details on one subscription, it will also update those details for their other subscriptions as well. If making use of multiship - and the customer only updates their "Me" shipping address, the other subscriptions if using a different shipto address wouldn't be changed.

We're continuing to look into the subscriptions - and hope to have an update for you very soon.
  • Thanks Adam & Roman!
    I had another subscription try and process to the wrong shipping address today - again, it showed the shipping address pulled from a one-time gift sent by the customer about a year ago. The order didn't go through (card declined) and I fixed the address before sending a Dunning email.

If I enable multiship, do I need to update the checkout form? I'm not sure what Roman was referring to with adding the shipto input - isn't that already an option?
    @Sparky,
    If I enable multiship, do I need to update the checkout form? I'm not sure what Roman was referring to with adding the shipto input - isn't that already an option?
    Multiship will be automatically handled on the checkout - but you need to give your customers a way to specify which shipto a given product belongs to when they add it to the cart. We currently don't support switching a products shipto grouping after being added to the cart, so it needs to happen when it's added. You can see details of how you could approach that on the wiki at http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/multiship
  • Thanks for explaining. Just to make sure I get it, I need to add the ShipTo option to EVERY PRODUCT that could be gifted or sent to a different address. Correct? There is no way of making it a universal option for all products?
    @Sparky,

That's right - the shipto needs to be set as part of the product add to cart. We have discussed the possibility of allowing products to be assigned to shipto's once in the cart, but it's not something we support yet.