Reset password in Foxycart and the datafeed

I am using a single sign on system.
Is there a part of the data feed that I can get where I can update the password in our system
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip,

The datafeed payload does include the customers encrypted password (and the salt as well depending on the password encryption method used) that you can then synchronise into your system. If you look at the example payload on http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/xml_datafeed, you'll see the nodes as the following:
    <customer_password><![CDATA[2e29f4fa2efb67dc28860abf05523a1784829a90177c1477460e42da00f81659]]></customer_password>
    <customer_password_salt><![CDATA[SSCtVKDnH1vAwuLyY2XHziIFv3fN5laN8DbYiIcUDBkZW2pP]]></customer_password_salt>
    <customer_password_hash_type><![CDATA[sha256_salted_suffix]]></customer_password_hash_type>
    <customer_password_hash_config><![CDATA[48]]></customer_password_hash_config>
  • I apologize I wasn't clear with my question.

What I am wondering is if a datafeed is triggered in any way when a customer resets their password on an order which is otherwise blank
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jrwhip,

Thanks for clarifying - I'm assuming you're meaning an updateinfo type request? If so - yes. Any action that completes a checkout, whether it's an active purchase or just updating information, will trigger the datafeed to be sent through.