buy one get one free - same product only

Hey guys,

I'm trying to think of a clever way to setup a coupon that will offer a bogo, but only for the same product code. The only way I can think to make this happen is to set a quantity_min of 2, then apply a category discount for 2|4|6|etc of 100%. Is there a better/easier way?

Thanks,
jacob
Comments
  • Make product the only product under a category, make a coupon, and only apply the coupon to the category?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jacobdubail,

Is this just for a specific product, or would it apply to lots of products, but just in individual applications?

If the former - you can target a coupon to just a single product code within it's settings in the administration.

For the latter - you would want to set it up as a product level discount on each product, isolating the discount logic to the individual product directly. This would make the discount apply automatically though - which doesn't sound like what you want.

For both - the discount would be for a percentage based on the quantity with logic of repeat|2-100.

Would either of those options work?
  • Thanks @fc_adam,

I ended up going for the coupon code that applies to a specific category. We have too many products and variations to fuss with multiple coupons or line item discounts. The way I locked it down was by forcing a minimum quantity of 2 for each of these products. Might annoy a few customers who don't have the coupon, but it's a temporary black friday run, so most folks will have it anyway.

Thanks guys!