Where are the records of failed transactions?

EpotratzEpotratz Member
Hey guys,

I just got this failed payment email below for a test customer.

When I search foxycart for the reference #1181942347 I can't find any record of it. Where is the record of this failed transaction?

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited January 7
    @Epotratz,

Sorry for the confusion there. That ID doesn't represent a failed transaction - it actually doesn't represent an attempted transaction at all, but is a reference ID for sort of a fake transaction used for send the dunning emails out. I can definitely see how that is confusing though, and I'll create a ticket to see if we can make that less confusing for the future.
  • @fc_adam, ahhh good to know! I was hunting for that for awhile!
    @Epotratz,

Quick update - we've just rolled out a change to our default email templates which hides the top order summary section for dunning emails - to remove any confusion there in terms of transaction ID's etc. Thanks for bringing this to our attention - and sorry again for the confusion.
  • @fc_adam,

Sounds great!

Since we are using a custom HTML template, I'm guessing we will need to paste in some new Twig code? What code snippet needs to be updated?

@Epotratz,

Good question! You can see details of the latest changes here: https://github.com/FoxyCart/2.0-templates/commit/0055db5fbfe113e5ea7df6376be055f0506b3477?diff=unified - the two email templates are the middle two files in that diff summary, and show the changes needed.