Reporting on subscription renewals

I am wondering if it is possible to run a report on subscription renewals? Just curious if there is a certain way of filtering the report or adding meta to the order to be able to run a report on how many subscriptions were renewed over a certain time period.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    edited January 2017
    @mrlarson,

Good question. We don't currently provide reporting on subscriptions beyond our existing filters. Depending what you're after exactly, it may be possible by utilising the filters, but possibly not. Or if the store only sells subscriptions, or if the subs are in a unique category from other products, you could also use the transactions report page to filter based on transaction date.

You could also use the API to work out how many subscriptions were purchased within a given month.

I can see how a simple overview like that would be interesting though, so I'll discus that with the team for our administration rebuild project as well.
  • It seems like it shouldn't be too hard, just can't quite wrap my head around it. I'm thinking something like these filters:

Filter 1: subscription product
    Filter 2: subscription already existed/some token or custom field value that indicates it's pre-existence
    Filter 3: date range

Is it possible when a subscription is up for renewal that it would put the current order ID in a custom field? Just trying to think of anything that would allow to you check "if 'field' has 'some value', then subscription must have already existed, therefore this purchase must be a renewal".
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @mrlarson,

I'll discuss this with the team to see if we could add a filter for the transactions report for just returning subscription renewals rather than new sub purchases. Currently there isn't a filter combination that would get you just the renewals natively in the administration.