confirm your purchase vs. complete your purchase

freshjonesfreshjones Member
in General edited January 21
I'm setting up a new site with v. 2.0 and the default button on checkout is "Confirm your purchase". this seems odd to me because clicking it actually submits the order and takes me to a receipt page, so I went into the language area of the admin to change the phrase and I noticed that there are two settings: 1 for "complete your purchase" and 1 for "Confirm your purchase"

this made me think that I have the store set a certain way to make it use the confirm button instead of the complete button, because the "complete your purchase" never seems to be used...even when I use your demo checkout it says "confirm" instead of complete.

to me it seems like clicking a "confirm your purchase" button would give me a last look at my cart prior to ordering...or something like that, and that a "complete your purchase" would of course attempt to place the order.

can you let me know if I have the store set a certain way as to be showing confirm button rather than complete button? or if there is some other reason there are two options in the language area?

thanks
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @freshjones,

Good question. We have the two variations of the language string there in preparation for introducing a confirmation step to the checkout. Unfortunately we haven't been able to add that to the checkout yet, but it is a planned enhancement. The idea being that if the confirmation window is enabled, that we use the confirmation string, but otherwise the "complete your purchase" string is used if it's not.

It looks like we have our conditional logic the wrong way around for deciding which string to use there - as it's defaulting to showing the "confirm your order" string when it should be the "complete" string. I'll create a ticket on our side to correct that.

In the meantime, if you wanted to simply edit the confirm string to read as "complete" instead - that would update the checkout for you. Sorry for the inconvenience there!
  • ok thanks
    @freshjones,

Quick update, this was a simple change on our side, so we've actually just rolled out a change to the template to get the correct language string for the submit button. You should see it now saying "Submit your order" by default. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
  • cool thx
  • Any idea when you guys will be rolling out the ability to have a confirmation page on checkouts? thanks!
    @freshjones,

Good question. We don't have any timeframe for that right now - it's definitely something we'd like to add support for, but we have some other projects that have our attention right now. For what it's worth, it would be possible to roll your own there on the checkout if desired.