City name autofill with abbreviated name?

Hey guys,

Why is the City name auto-filling with a weird abbreviated name?

It's strange because the dropdown shows "Springfield, OR" and several other abbreviated names.

Comments
  • Also, not sure if this is related or not, but I first tried to use the LastPass "Form Fill" which automatically populates the address info, and the City auto-detect would not find the city. It just hangs.

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

Thanks for posting. Our US based city/state results come from our tax database, in part to ensure we can get the most accurate tax results if necessary. I'm not sure if those abbreviated results have a specific purpose or not in that regard, but I'll reach out to our rep for that data and see if I can get some clarification.

In relation to the autofill - just to confirm, when you autofill the checkout form - the city/state search never completes, or never starts?
  • With the LastPass form fill: The City/State just shows the "..." like it's searching but it never completes.

I haven't tested the different abbreviations for the city "Springfield". It would be interesting to see if the order address even validates in ShipStation.
  • BTW, this is the error when someone tries to checkout with the abbreviated city/state:

@Epotratz,

Just to confirm - you're saying you see that error when you select one of the abbreviated results? I just tested and was able to checkout with SPFD, OR just fine.
  • @fc_adam,

Hmm, strange. I just tried it again and was able to check out, and the address validated in ShipStation.

This city/state error might have been something wonky with the LastPass form fill I was using... But I can't duplicate it now.
    @Epotratz,

Very weird! We just heard back from our tax provider - the abbreviations are there as they are accepted abbreviations from USPS.