The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

City name autofill with abbreviated name?

Hey guys,

Why is the City name auto-filling with a weird abbreviated name?

It's strange because the dropdown shows "Springfield, OR" and several other abbreviated names.

Comments
  • Also, not sure if this is related or not, but I first tried to use the LastPass "Form Fill" which automatically populates the address info, and the City auto-detect would not find the city. It just hangs.

• fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Epotratz,

Thanks for posting. Our US based city/state results come from our tax database, in part to ensure we can get the most accurate tax results if necessary. I'm not sure if those abbreviated results have a specific purpose or not in that regard, but I'll reach out to our rep for that data and see if I can get some clarification.

In relation to the autofill - just to confirm, when you autofill the checkout form - the city/state search never completes, or never starts?
  • With the LastPass form fill: The City/State just shows the "..." like it's searching but it never completes.

I haven't tested the different abbreviations for the city "Springfield". It would be interesting to see if the order address even validates in ShipStation.
  • BTW, this is the error when someone tries to checkout with the abbreviated city/state:

@Epotratz,

Just to confirm - you're saying you see that error when you select one of the abbreviated results? I just tested and was able to checkout with SPFD, OR just fine.
  • @fc_adam,

Hmm, strange. I just tried it again and was able to check out, and the address validated in ShipStation.

This city/state error might have been something wonky with the LastPass form fill I was using... But I can't duplicate it now.
    @Epotratz,

Very weird! We just heard back from our tax provider - the abbreviations are there as they are accepted abbreviations from USPS.