How to export all past transactions

PecanPecan Member
Please help. I've just noticed that PayPal has been having my pants down this whole time.

I like to export all of our customers email addresses for future marketing purposes. Up until now I have been exporting my sales from PayPal and retrieving them from there. However it seems that a whole bunch of the email addresses are in the following format:

3DL7548400E871535N@dcc.paypal.com

which is, of course, useless to me.

I've noticed there is a neat little download tool in the admin section but instead of me exporting 300 at a time (which seems to be the limit), is there a way some admin could send me a .CSV file of all my past transactions and I will keep on top of it from now on by using the download tool in the admin section?

Thanks.
Comments
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Pecan.
    Please take a look at our bulk transactions exporter: https://wiki.foxycart.com/integration/foxycart/bulk_transactions_exporter You can quickly upload this to your server, configure, run the script and you'll get a full export.

Let us know if you run into any issues or have further questions.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • PecanPecan Member
    Thanks Josh but I grabbed the API key from admin section and it says the following when trying to run:

Error
    •Invalid API Token

Any clue?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Pecan,

That error will be triggered if the API token provided doesn't exactly match the API token for your store. First things to check would be that you're copying the complete API key (it can sometimes be longer than the text input), and that there aren't any spaces on either end of the string when pasted into the script. You'll also want to ensure that the store domain entered is the same one this API key is coming from.
  • PecanPecan Member
    Thanks but I've recopied it a dozen times, refreshed everything, re-uploaded the script etc. still the same error.
    Hi @Pecan.
    Sorry you're continuing to run into issues with this. I wonder if your store subdomain is incorrect? Either way, let's get you an export. Please whisper me your store subdomain/email and I'll take care of this for you and securely send you the exported file.

Thanks,
    Josh
    @Pecan
    Just emailed you. Looks like the issue was that the API key wasn't saved, so it was generating a new one each time the page was refreshed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • PecanPecan Member
    Thanks Josh. I've got the file. Very helpful, thanks again.
    @Pecan
    Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. We're here if you need anything else.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • PecanPecan Member
    Guys, I've had to use this Exporter again lately and although it is now working as it should, I cannot see anywhere in the downloaded file where it shows the products ordered by the customer.

Does the item/product ID not get saved in this file? How do I retrieve this info?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Pecan,

Good question. When you initiate the bulk export, there is an option within the form to "Include Line Items". If you check that it will include the products that make up the cart in the export.
  • PecanPecan Member
    edited June 5
    You've made my day - again! Cheers Adam.

P.S. Perhaps you could edit this line in a later release? I had no idea that 'line items' referred to product codes/IDs etc. 'Include Product Info' or a variation thereof would have made it obvious.