Duplicate Subtoken Values?

ayustayust Member
in Help edited March 6
We are building a solution with FoxyCart and are looking to take advantage of subscriptions. I have read this in the documentation:

"Every subscription in a FoxyCart store has a unique sub_token, which is used both to identify the subscription (independent of customer or transaction) "

However, when we enter a subscription for product A and a subscription for product B in the cart, I get the same <sub_token_url> value in the XML datafeed. And the receipt only shows one set of "Update/Cancel" links. This means that our customers cannot cancel A without cancelling B and vice versa.

So am I reading the documentation wrong? If so, why is there a <sub_token_url> value for each <transaction_detail>? Or am I doing something else wrong?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @ayust,

Good question. When you were adding the 2 different subscriptions to the cart, did they share the same frequency, start and end date values? If they did - that would be considered as one subscription for the store - both products would be included in the one subscription.

Each different subscription will have its own unique sub_token value, but a subscription can also be made up of multiple products as well.

For ensuring the products are in separate subscriptions, they would either need to have different subscription attributes (like frequency, start date or end date), or they'd need to be ordered separately.

I hope that helps clarify things for you! Let us know if we can help with anything else.