How to require a minimum quantity, based on number of different options or products?

LucyILucyI Member
For concert season ticket sales:

I have a requirement for 3 or more tickets to be purchased, but each ticket will be for a different concert with different dates and prices. How do I do this?

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Lucyl,

There is a couple approaches you could take for this - and it depends where you want the messaging to appear for the customer. Would just including the information on the checkout be enough? For example, if they only had 1 or 2 tickets in the cart, you could have a message across the top of the page letting them know that they need at least 3 tickets to be able to purchase. You could also disable the submit button if the total items in the cart is less than 3 as well - to ensure they couldn't complete the checkout.

Would that approach work for you? If so, we can give you an example of how that could look.
  • LucyILucyI Member
    @fc_adam Thanks for your quick reply!

I think either way could work. I have answered more in depth in my other post about the requirements of this store, so that might add some clarity.
    https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/comment/56684
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Lucyl,

I think it might be best to answer this as part of your other thread - as it'll relate also to how the form looks for the 3-5 concert series. Let's continue the discussion there if that's ok.