Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

How to require a minimum quantity, based on number of different options or products?

For concert season ticket sales:

I have a requirement for 3 or more tickets to be purchased, but each ticket will be for a different concert with different dates and prices. How do I do this?

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Lucyl,

There is a couple approaches you could take for this - and it depends where you want the messaging to appear for the customer. Would just including the information on the checkout be enough? For example, if they only had 1 or 2 tickets in the cart, you could have a message across the top of the page letting them know that they need at least 3 tickets to be able to purchase. You could also disable the submit button if the total items in the cart is less than 3 as well - to ensure they couldn't complete the checkout.

Would that approach work for you? If so, we can give you an example of how that could look.
  • LucyILucyI Member
    @fc_adam Thanks for your quick reply!

I think either way could work. I have answered more in depth in my other post about the requirements of this store, so that might add some clarity.
    https://forum.foxycart.com/discussion/comment/56684
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Lucyl,

I think it might be best to answer this as part of your other thread - as it'll relate also to how the form looks for the 3-5 concert series. Let's continue the discussion there if that's ok.