The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Payment Gateways, etc

swensorswensor Member
in Help edited March 2009
Hi all,

I am unfamiliar with using payment gateways. We need a process that is entirely PCI compliant for our clients. Which payment gateway would be a good choice for a company operating in the USA having such a need? Any Info would be greatzz!! Thx in Advance!!

Swensor
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2009
    Hello Swensor. One we've been recommending and have used ourselves is CDG Commerce. More info on that can be found here: http://www.foxycart.com/additional-offers.html
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Here's some additional information that might be worth reading as well:
    http://foxycart.com/gateways-merchant-accounts-bank-accounts-oh-my.html

It can get confusing but hopefully that helps make it a bit more clear.
  • Hey thanks for the information, it definitely helped. I checked out some of CDG and it looks pretty good. Part of the compliance, though, is various network/firewall type of security requirements for the server on which the transactions are run. From what I can gather that is your server. What can you tell me about the PCI standards compliance of your network? Thanks.
  • Hey, my apologies but my previous post is a little off the mark. I am coordinating this through my manager, who has more experience setting up merchant accounts, etc.

We don't care about payment gateways, per se.  We need to know if FoxyCart has it's PCI compliance certificate and if so, how do we get a copy of it when a bank asks for it for one of our clients.  We have worked with SecureNet in the past, and they provided a copy of the certificate # and so forth, as some banks require this in order to collect funds from credit card transactions.

We need to get these certificates to ensure that Visa and Mastercard (who both require PCI DSS) will work properly with our clients. Does this make sense?