New "Status: Approved" showing up

Only944Only944 Member
I just noticed that in my transactions there is a new line at the bottom of some orders, which says Status: Approved.

I'm just curious as to what this means? I accept paypal and CC's through paypal, and I just enabled paypal credit (THANKS for adding that).

Is this people using paypal credit?

Thanks,
-Kyle
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Only944,

Good question. The additional status line under transactions is related to payment gateways that we don't necessarily hear back from instantly. For these gateways, we rely on a notification to let us know that the transaction was successful. In the time between the customer completing their transaction and us receiving the notification that it was successful, it will show as "pending" instead of "approved" there.

This can also affect the XML datafeed if you're making use of that feature, as it can trigger multiple datafeed payloads to be sent. For example, for a simple transaction that was marked as approved - there would be an initial datafeed noting that it is "pending", and then one noting it as "approved", within the <status> node.

Hope that helps!