Can't change subscription ship-to address

We're having a problem with some multi-ship subscription records. A few of our subscribers have attempted to change the shipping address on their subscriptions using the sub-token URL, and have reported with confusion that their address change did not register after their order was shipped to the wrong address. I have looked closely at this and noticed a few things:

1. All of our subscriptions use the multiship SHIP-TO address, whether or not they are shipping to another person. The way we have this set up is that prior to cart add, the customer can specify whether they are subscribing for themselves or as a gift. If they choose GIFT SUBSCRIPTION, the ship-to parameter is defined as "Ship To: [Recipient Name]". If they choose a subscription for themselves, the ship-to parameter is defined as "Ship To: Me".

2. When using the sub-token URL to modify a gift subscription, the SHIP-TO address appears correctly as "Ship To: [Recipient Name]" and is available for modification.

3. When using the sub-token URL to modify a regular subscription, the SHIP-TO address field does not appear. Instead the sub-token checkout only offers the customer to edit their account's default shipping address. But this is a problem because the subscription record specifically has a SHIP-TO address of "Ship To: Me" associated with it, which is a different record from the account's default shipping address. The "Ship To: Me" address shows up in the FC Subscription records, and also in the customer records on OrderDesk. Unfortunately, the sub-token URL does not offer up the "Ship To: Me" address fields to be modified. I have also attempted to modify these address fields in the customer record via OrderDesk's API integration, but those modifications don't seem to pass back to Foxycart correctly and have no effect.

Most of our regular subscribers have the "Ship To: Me" address associated with their subscription, so we need to be able to change it. As well, our customers need to be able to change it themselves through the sub-token URL.

Please help! Thank you.
Comments
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @Geoffrey -

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this issue. We're sorry that this has occurred! We need a little time to look into it, and we'll get back to you shortly to let you know what we find out.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Geoffrey,

Would it be possible to confirm with you some of the customers who have attempted to change their address information for their Me based subscriptions that didn't see the changes take hold as expected? Feel free to whisper those to me to keep them private. I believe I have an idea of what might be going on here, but I'd love to dig in to the cases for your store to confirm.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Geoffrey,

Quick update for this thread, we've rolled out some changes to FoxyCart which will ensure that the Me address and the shipping address remain unified, no matter which was changed.