Integrating with Google Analytics

Matthew_BMatthew_B Member
Hi, this is my first time posting here but I am an intern for a company using FoxyShop and I'm trying to figure out how to get google analytics to track how much the products are earning, and track the percentage of people who make those donations. It was an established site when I got here, and as far as I can tell they did all of the loader.js requirements and such already, and I attempted to do the rest of what was needed from the various forum posts, but the ecommerce section in analytics fails to capture any purchases, and shows no revenue even though we have confirmed activity. Second, when it comes to the funneling and goals process, we aren't showing anyone getting from checkout to receipt. Is that because it becomes oursite.foxycart.com/receipt... ? Or is /cart and such still good as suggested elsewhere.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Matthew_B,

Welcome! For a 2.0 store, we've taken care of some of the heavy lifting for getting Google Analytics plugged into your FoxyCart store. There is a setting on the "configuration" section of the FoxyCart administration for enabling third-party analytics, from there you can enable Google Analytics and enter your profile ID. This will take care of including the Analytics tracker on each of the cart, checkout and receipt pages - and assist with tracking the ecommerce portion.

We also have some documentation on our wiki for configuring things on the Google Analytics side. It sounds like you've completed some of that - but it would be worth reviewing it in whole to double-check that everything is completed successfully: http://wiki.foxycart.com/static/redirect/analytics

If you're still having trouble after doing that - if you could confirm for me the store this is for (feel free to whisper if you'd prefer to keep it private), we'd be happy to take a closer look for you.
  • That helped tremendously, thank you! If you could I just have one more problem and a question. I am trying to set up the funnels, and doing it as described in the article you linked, is there any particular reason that it would be showing 0% conversion even though I know there should be at least a few going through the process? And since the majority of our products are donations, is there a way to create shortcode to handle the donation process or a widget to customize the price without linking to a specific product page? The shortcode page for foxyshop didn't specify for price customization.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @Matthew_B,

Awesome, glad that helped.
    I am trying to set up the funnels, and doing it as described in the article you linked, is there any particular reason that it would be showing 0% conversion even though I know there should be at least a few going through the process?
    Without seeing your store - it's hard to say. If the analytics configuration option wasn't enabled yet, then any previously completed stores wouldn't have correctly tracked on the receipt as the code wasn't there to track them. If you're still not seeing it for transactions completed since you enabled the configuration option and configured the goals - we'll probably need to take a closer look at your set up. If you could whisper your store name to me, I'll be happy to take a look.
    And since the majority of our products are donations, is there a way to create shortcode to handle the donation process or a widget to customize the price without linking to a specific product page? The shortcode page for foxyshop didn't specify for price customization.
    The shortcodes available for add to carts in FoxyShop are natively just for links as you've noted. To output it as a form to be able to include a price input field to support donations - you'll currently need to add some custom code to handle that for your specific set up.