Sidecart Tax Calculator Not Working

jnnlsnjnnlsn Member
The tax calculator in my sidecart isn't working at all. When I put in a postal code and press "go" nothing at all happens. When I click the "calculate" button in the bottom right of the calculate section, the whole sidecart calculate section disappears and no tax is added.

The taxes are set up regionally, and the tax calculator works perfectly in the checkout page based on postal code.
Comments
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @jnnlsn.
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the issue you're experiencing. Are you possibly using jQuery 3.x? There is currently a conflict between jQuery 3.X and FoxyCart's javascript. We have a ticket on our side to look into this - but as an interim solution, if you're able to roll back to an earlier version of jQuery, such as the latest version of jQuery 2.X - that should get it working for you in the Sidecart.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • jnnlsnjnnlsn Member
    @fc_josh

I have another question about twig for my admin emails.

I'm looking to have the item name displayed in my category email that is sent to admins after ordering.
    I looked it up and "item.name" isn't showing anything. Do I have to edit the code values in the cart?

Another post said to try "{% for item in items %}
    * {{ item.name }}
    {% endif %}" but that gives me an error
  • jnnlsnjnnlsn Member
    @fc_josh Also how can I remove the calculate taxes section in the sidebar but leave it on the checkout page?
  • jnnlsnjnnlsn Member
    @fc_josh got the admin email problem figured out.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @jnnlsn,

Glad you got the email issue sorted out! In terms of the tax calculator on the cart, you can certainly remove that - it will just involve adding some custom CSS to your store to do so. In your store's "configuration" section in the administration, look for the "Add custom header and footer code to your templates" and enable it if it isn't already. Then within the header textarea of that option, you can paste in some styles - like this:
    <style type="text/css">
    #fc #fc-cart .fc-address-entry { display:none; }
    </style>
    That should hide the address entry fields on the cart specifically.
  • jnnlsnjnnlsn Member
    @fc_josh thanks