Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Changing customer email

Ive been trying to change a custy email but it doesnt seem to work. It seems to change the email in the API but when I try to login it doesnt recognize the user.

curl -H "FOXY-API-VERSION: 1" -H "Authorization: Bearer TOKEN" https://api.foxycart.com/stores/11/customers?limit=1&email=old@email.com

// I find the self link with ID

curl -H "FOXY-API-VERSION: 1" -H "Authorization: Bearer TOKEN" -X PATCH https://api.foxycart.com/customers/222222 -d "email=new@email.com

// Seems to work but no go - no user with that email can login to my store

Comments
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @happycloud -

I'm going to start a whispered conversion.
  • fc_marijafc_marija FoxyCart Team
    @happycloud I apologize we don't have an immediate solution for this issue, but I've opened a ticket for our developer to take a look at it. We'll get back to you as soon as we have something.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey @happycloud. I think I figured out the issue here. The customer record you were updating was an anonymous record for a guest checkout (is_anonymous = 1). If you want to view just active customer accounts, add the filter `is_anonymous=0` to your query link. I'm a little confused as this is supposed to filter out anonymous accounts by default, so we'll take a look at that and figure out why it's not working as expected. If you use that filter, you should get back one customer record for that store.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yep, I just confirmed the issue with our hAPI that doesn't default a GET of customer records to filter out anonymous entries. We've got a fix in to QA, but for now you can just add that filter described earlier and you should be good to go.
  • Ok I will try that. On another note - I noticed that to get a new token I have to use php's base64_encode as CLI base64 or openssl enc -base64 give different outputs - not sure why. Only the php one works. Ive noticed something similar a while back when using the datafeed xml - I could not use Node to create the encrypted one to test - always had to use php.
  • Interesting. Only the last char differs. Its a 'K' for base64/openssl and '=' for php. Replacing the last chars makes it work.
  • So these are output padding - not sure why base64/openssl uses K (I just asked SO as Wikipedia failed). But it would be nice for your code to take this into account - I bet you do a base64 string comparison which would cause openssl to fail. Perhaps removing padding characters first.