Trust Seals with Amazon Certs

Hi, is there a recommended way to display a trust seal with the newer Amazon certificates? I dont think amazon allows their identity on trust seals, and of course the digicert seals wont work any longer. just wondering if there was any other options for trust seals.

thanks
Comments
  • marijamarija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @freshjones I apologize for the delay getting an answer for you. I know there was some discussion internally about your question–we'll get back to you with our thoughts soon.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @freshjones. You're right that Amazon's really strict about that, but unfortunately we don't (yet) have a good solution. We've discussed in the past things like making our own "Secure Ecommerce Powered by Foxy" seal, and our v2.0 checkout template includes a green lock icon near the payment details part of the checkout (which research suggests is the best place to put it).

But since at least some research suggests that the actual seal doesn't matter much (if at all), and that pretty much nobody bothers to click through, our current recommendation is to either roll your own (like get a nice stock image and link it to a page on your end, perhaps with your TOS or Privacy Policy), or to get a 3rd party seal.

Possibly worthwhile read:
    https://certsimple.com/blog/site-seal-ssl
  • ok thanks for you comments i appreciate it.