Testing FedEx shipping rates

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere or I'm not understanding...

I have a FedEx account and a developer account number, production password, production meter number and production authentication key. When I use them in the Foxycart control panel I'm not seeing live shipping rates in my cart.

Other than simply supplying these credentials, is there something else I need to turn on or code to add to my order page?

Thanks!
Chris
Tagged:
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @frisbiscuit,

Thanks for posting - sorry to hear you're having trouble there. Along with configuring the settings on the "shipping" page of the admin, you will also need to set any categories that you want to ship those products with FedEx to have a delivery type of "Shipped using live shipping rates". You'll also need to set a default weight for the category as well at that point.

If you then add a product that belongs to a category you've set that way, it should then display live rates after entering a shipping address.

If you've done that and still are not able to see any shipping rates returned, if you could confirm your store for us we'll be happy to take a closer look.
  • frisbiscuitfrisbiscuit Member
    edited August 13
    Doh!

Thank you so much. I forgot that earlier I was playing with a flat rate shipping option and forgot to turn that off.

However, now that I turned it on I'm getting an authentication error.

Chris
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @frisbiscuit,

Thanks for whispering those details for us. If FedEx is returning an authentication error, then something either with the credentials or the account isn't as it should be.

In your case, I believe it may be because you're using test credentials - but we don't currently support FedEx's test environment. Rather you'll want to use the production account information. We'd recommend following the instructions on this page, and hopefully that will help ensure the account is set up correctly and that you have the right credentials: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/shipping/fedex