JS not correctly executing on side cart

This is kind of a weird bug that i now trying to debug for several days. We have the problem that the whole shipping calculation does not work in our sidecard for new users. It kind of works sometimes, when there is already something in the cart, but mostly the javascript change listeners are not triggered.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Go to https://box.fileee.com/
2) Click on buy
3) Put one of the items into the cart
4) Sidecart should open.
5) Now neither clicking on "calculate" or entering a ZIP Code should do anything. That is the problem we are facing.

I don't see any problems in the console. I testet it on firefox, chrome and internet explorer. Everywhere the same problem.

I also looked into the latest github template code of foxycart, to see if something has changed. No it hasn't. Also on https://www.foxycart.com/features/examples everything works as expected.

I also deactivated our custom script configration under the admin panel, although i highly doubt that this interferes. No luck.

This whole forum post is kind of a last resort for me to ask for help or more tips what i could look into, in order to find the problem.
Comments
  • marijamarija FoxyCart Team
    Hi @fileee -

I was able to reproduce the issue here on your site. It looks like the script for checking the city and region by postal code is not triggering, and the country selection doesn't stay on a cart refresh (for example, the quantity is changed). It looks like it's only affecting the cart. The checkout worked fine in my testing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce it on my own test store using your settings.

We'll have someone else here look at this issue and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @fileee,

Sorry for the inconvenience here - our 2.0 loader.js currently has a conflict with jQuery 3.X that causes the location fields to not work as expected in Sidecart. We have a ticket to get that corrected, but in the interim if you are able to downgrade jQuery to 2.X, it should start working for you. We'll reach out again once we're able to get it corrected on our side.
  • fileeefileee Member
    thank you soo much adam, i didn't testet it yet but will certainly do so tomorrow. Fingers crossed.