Shipping options with v 2.0

tyssentyssen Member
I'm working on upgrading an old site from v 0.7 to v 2.0 and want to be able to include the following options:

Local – flat rate and free pickup
International – flat rate (different from local)

Is the only way to accomplish this with using a custom shipping endpoint? Previously the site was using js to switch shipping options.

The site is running a very old CMS and at this time we don't want to upgrade the CMS but want to rebuild the front-end to make it responsive. The site is running on PHP 5.2.x and can't be upgraded past that without breaking the cart module that's been installed.

Requirements for ShippingResponse.php say 5.3 and I'm assuming it's because of this incompatibility that I'm not getting any shipping options in the cart, just getting shipping & handling as showing as 0.
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @tyssen,

Thanks for posting, great to hear that you're upgrading to 2.0! While our custom shipping endpoint is the preferred way to add custom shipping rates to 2.0 stores currently - if you're unable to use the custom shipping endpoint, we do still have a javascript snippet you can use - that's detailed here: https://wiki.foxycart.com/v/2.0/snippets/flat_rate_shipping_modification

Let us know if we can assist any further!
  • tyssentyssen Member
    OK, I've done that and have included:

if (address.country == "AU") {
    FC.customFlatRates.add(1, 10, 'Australia Post', 'Standard');
    FC.customFlatRates.add(1, 0, '', 'Customer pickup');
    } else {
    FC.customFlatRates.add(2, 18, 'Australia Post', 'International');
    }

but still seeing 0 for shipping & handling when I go to check out.
    @tyssen,

You're very close. You'll need to ensure that each of your rates has a unique ID - currently your standard and pickup rates both have an ID of 1. If you set them as 1, 2 and 3 it should then work for you hopefully!
  • tyssentyssen Member
    Did that, still getting the same result.

Looking through the source of the page, I don't see anything included that contains the code I've added. Can you let me know what I should be looking for?
    @tyssen,

Could you whisper us the store you're working on please? We'll take a look and see what might be causing issues for you.
    @tyssen,

Thanks for whispering those details. Looking at the dev FoxyCart store you're connected to - I don't see the custom flat rates shipping snippet within the configuration for your store. You'll need to include it in the "Add custom header and footer code to your templates" option on the "configuration" page of the store's FoxyCart administration, specifically within the "footer" textarea.