USPS Error: Timeout Expired (preventing any transactions from being completed)

All of a sudden we're getting this error, which prevents people from being able to complete their transactions. It happens once you input a zip code and it attempts to pull up a shipping charge. Shipping & Handling is stuck on TBD, and this error shows:

USPS Error: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.

Any thoughts?
Comments
  • It might be a problem with our custom shipping logic. It seems to work normally for international orders, but throw the error for U.S. orders, which have a complicated custom logic.
  • I just updated to the most current Live Rate Shipping Modification, and I'm still getting the error, along with the following two additional errors:

USPS Error: An error has occurred with the service. Please contact the system administrator, or try again.

USPS Error: ZipDestination: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
  • Well, perhaps it was a side effect of the eclipse (haha), or some USPS glitch quickly fixed, because now it seems to be back to normal! Sorry to raise the alarm!
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    Hi @dustystrings.
    Thanks for getting in touch. Yes, looks like USPS was having issues on their end. we had another user email us with similar errors. Glad things are working as expected now. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Josh
  • I guess I spoke too soon earlier! The problem is back, but if you think it's a USPS issue, then we'll just wait a few hours and see if they get it under control.
    Hi @dustystrings
    Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues. There's definitely something acting up on their end. I'm in the process of confirming. Thanks for hanging in there.

Josh
    Hey again @dustystrings
    Looks like USPS is responding to complaints on Twitter: Hopefully things will get resolved sooner than later. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Josh