How do I add View Cart Button in Top Menu in Foxyshop/Wordpress?

I am using Foxyshop for Wordpress and I have added a view cart link on the sidebar widget menu but I need one for the top menu as well. Currently the sidebar does not show up on product or category pages so if a customer is shopping and wants to view their cart there is no link to do so. I saw in the Foxyshop documentation that there is a code snippet to add a dynamic view cart link but that does not work. The link that it gives only takes you back to the home page. In Wordpress the only thing you can do to create a menu item is add a page, product, category, or custom link. How can I add a view cart button/link in my top menu?
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @dragonfiy3,

Good question. A view cart link for your store follows this format: https://YOURSTORE.foxycart.com/cart?cart=view. You can add that as a custom link for your navigation - obviously updating the store domain to match the one for your FoxyCart store accordingly.

You can also add some HTML into the link text too to show the number of products in the cart - like this: Cart (<span data-fc-id="minicart-quantity">0</span>)

I hope that helps!
  • That works perfectly! Thanks!