Chaning tax value using JSONP in checkout screen

Hello,

Long story short, one of our clients needs the tax calculated by a third party, so I'm doing an ajax call to that service and getting the tax value. I have no problem changing the value in the checkout screen so the costumer sees the new value before making the order, but once the submit button is clicked, that value is lost as it was not updated in the object that is sent with the transaction.

I've looked in the documentation and around the forums but I haven't been able to find anything conclusive.

is it possible to change the value of tax on the checkout screen using JSONP so the new value gets stored in the transaction variables?

Best,
Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @alextorres,

Thanks for posting and detailing what you're looking to do. Currently we don't support custom tax rates for stores - they will fall back to whatever is configured on the store.

Could I confirm with you which provider your client is looking to use? Just in case you weren't aware, we have automatic rates available with data from Thomas Reuters, as well as native integrations for Avalara Avatax, TaxJar and Thomas Reuters OneSource that you can use as the tax source with your own account instead of manually setting it.
  • Hello @fc_adam,

I'm not sure which provider our client is going to use, and believe me, I'd be more than happy to the foxycart default for taxes, but I'm afraid that's not an option.

Thank you for your answer.
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @alextorres,

If you could confirm with your client which they're using - it may already be one of the providers we already support - in which case they can just connect to their account from the administration for that provider. If not - we can also consider adding support for it in the future too.