Coinbase not working

Hey there, we wanted to integrate coinbase to accept bitcoin payments. However an error is occuring when doing the checkout

"Error: There was an error processing your payment: Scopes don't match current API version."

Coinbase is now using API V2, i guess you might still be using API V1. Can you check?
Also what are the exact permissions needed now, as the documentation only explains the needed permissions of API v1. I tried to select all the permissions that i think are needed according to the documentation what the "merchant" permission is doing in API V1.

Comments
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @fileee,

Good question. Our integration does indeed make use of Coinbase's V1 API, so probably won't be compatible with an account configured to use their current V2 unfortunately.

I'll open a ticket on our side to look into what would be involved in integrating with their latest API. In the meantime - if you're able to select their legacy V1 API for your account, that should at least allow you to start using your Coinbase account to accept bitcoin on your store.
    @fileee,

Quick follow-up - are you able to select V1 permission options as detailed on this page? https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1914910-how-can-i-generate-api-keys-for-my-merchant-account-
  • fileeefileee Member
    Yes i can, however the error is the same. Unfortunately apart from this field where to set permissions there is no option to use API v1. Actually it even states in the account that this account is using the latest API version. So i doubt that you can downgrade at all.

Would be nice if you can fix it. I don't think it should be too complicated to migrate to V2
    @fileee,

Thanks for trying. To confirm - for the API key you selected the V1 permissions, you didn't have any V2 permissions selected?

We'll continue to look into upgrading to their latest version of the API and will update here when we've got something ready.
  • fileeefileee Member
    Yes exactly. I tried it with V1 only, V1 and V2 both and V2 only permissions set.

BTW: We know switched to Bitpay, that works. However here you are also using the old V1 API (which still works), so you might want to upgrade that too while you are at it.
    @fileee,

Thanks for the update - I'm glad you were able to use Bitpay instead, and we'll definitely look into that one too, thanks!